Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA CIS + BACS Dual Degrees
(08-18-2022, 08:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
scottlefoll Wrote:I wasn't really confused about the 24 credits, but rather that the Advising Supervisor was saying that the two degrees CANNOT  be earned or worked on concurrently but must be done one after the other. In fact, he pointedly said that I must wait to begin work on the 2nd until the first is awarded.

I don't think he is correct, according to Rachel, and their own policy on getting two degrees simultaneously, "awarded in the same graduation cycle."

@scottlefoll,  He isn't correct with that sentence in regards to getting the first degree and then getting the second degree after the first one has been conferred.  Rachel83Az and the catalog mentions simultaneously completed degrees and that is the way things should go.  TESU is unique, they allow two degrees awarded at the same time, not many others do, they require you to complete one at a time.  

Hmm, I would follow the wiki dual degree plan, I casually messaged LevelUP one weekend and asked him to create the WIKI/thread in regards to completing both the BSBA CIS & BACS as I foresee this being advisable as only 5 courses added to a plan will grant a second degree, it's hard to beat for ROI/Value!

I am not here to defend the academic advisor and his acumen/work ethic, but if he works for multiple universities, he's basically telling you what many would say and advise. Complete the first degree requirements first, then work on the second degree requirements.  This is because you want to at least have one degree completed instead of half way on both.  

COSC/Excelsior, PUG, UMPI/WGU and many others we talk about does not allow you to complete concurrent degrees.  TESU is an exception, I am one and probably the main person on this board and the sister board who actively promote completing two associates/two bachelors at TESU simultaneously.  You get two degrees for cheap, easy, fast and the added ROI/Value.

Finally, by reading "(Even though you are not technically starting the second degree, you are earning credits which would apply to the second degree.  For example, we wouldn’t make you repeat General Education courses, such as SOS-110)."  It seems like he was pointing to the fact that you complete requirements for one degree and work on the requirements for the second degree afterwards.  

Again, who knows, but that was how I read it previously.  Sometimes when I want to type as much details and information as possible, the words I want to type out doesn't come out completely the way I want it to.  My brain and typing speed is on different frequencies and my sentences sometimes are missing words or points.  Further to that, I want to be compact, concise, and to the point, the advisor may have missed a sentence or two, I do that often!

Thank you! That is exactly what I was thinking. I emailed him back because I want to add the 2nd BSBA CIS degree plan but I have not heard back yet.

And thanks for that dual BACS & BSBA CIS plan - it's pure genius. (well, that maybe a bit hyperbolic, but it's definitely cool.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes scottlefoll's post:
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,359 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 460 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,237 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 302 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 284 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27