Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA - Nearing the Finish Line - Advice Appreciated
Hello all,

I have lurked on this board for a couple of years now after finding Jennifer Cook-Derosa's posts through a haphazard attempt at getting my life back on track after a significant upheaval. Over a year ago I reached out to Jennifer directly and she was able to give me some sage advice and I have been slowly plugging away in the shadows since then. I found bjcheung77's spreadsheet for a BSBA in Gen Mgmt. and have been working off of that information. [url=https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/User-bjcheung77][/url]

I am looking for clarification and advice on the best courses to take to complete this journey, and then move on to a (hopefully) fast track WGU MBA. 

Here are the courses I have completed thus far, a list of courses in progress and what I believe they will transfer as,  as well as a list of courses I am considering to complete the required credits. Any recommendations for other courses that meet these criteria would be appreciated if the community believes better options exist. 

Straighterline:
Intro Nutrition - 
Intro Psychology - Knowledge Human Culture
Cultural Anthropology - Diversity
Principles of Management - Business Req
US History 1&2 - Gen Ed/ Knowledge Human Culture
Western Civilizations 1&2 - Gen Ed/Knowledge Human Culture
Intro Communications - Oral Comm
Intro Philosophy - 
Business Law - Business Req
English Comp 2 - Written Comm
Organizational Behavior - Business Req (I question the utility of this)
Accounting 1&2 - Business Req
Managerial Accounting - Business Req
Business Statistics - BSBA specific math req.
Macroeconomics - Business Req
Microeconomics - Business Req
Introductions to Religion - Info Lit
Financial Accounting - Business Req
Information Technology Fundamentals - Business Req
Intro to Environmental Sciences

Sophia:
English Comp 1 - Written Comm

CC
Chemistry for Science Majors 1 - Natural World
Biology for Science Majors 1 - Natural World
Federal Government - Civic Engagement
Intro to Physical Fitness and Wellness (1cr)
Texas Government
Art Appreciation

The Institutes - Ethics - Ethics
TEEX - Three Cyber Security Courses

Study.com:
Business 102 - Principles of Marketing
Accounting 202 - Intermediate Accounting
Business 313 - Organizational Communication

Currently in Progress:
Study.com: Mat 107 - Quant Lit, Business 309 - Digital Marketing and Advertising, Business 308 - Globalization and International Management

I believe this leaves the 300 level Principles of Marketing req, the International Business req, Strategic Mgmt capstone, and newer course requirements to be fulfilled. Any guidance that the community has to offer would be most appreciated. I would love to get this all knocked out as soon as possible. Thank you all for your time and generosity!
Sophia.org is free until July 31st. I'd look around and see what WGU would accept from Sophia. Free sure beats any other deal out there.
So, here's what you still need to take:
Ethics - I heard that the Institutes course no longer counts, not sure if this is true, so take the free Sophia course just in case
College Algebra - SL, Study.com, or Sophia (FREE this month)
Principles of Finance - I'd do FIN 101: Principles of Finance through Study.com or Saylor if you want cheap
BUS 120: International Business through Study.com
BUS 113: Business Communication through Study.com
BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (In Progress - continue)
BUS 308: Globalization and International Management (In Progress - continue)
1 additional UL course in the AOS (you only have 3) - I would do MARK 303: Global Marketing, BUS 323: Organizational Theory, or BUS 324: Managerial Communication (they are short, with only 1 project)

Here's what I would NOT take:
Study.com: Mat 107 - Quant Lit - does not meet the requirement for the degree any longer
300 level Principles of Marketing req - you don't need this, you already took the requirement (there is no 300-level req for this)

You took a few courses you didn't need (Org Comm doesn't count towards the BSBA except in the GE area for instance), but nothing that's too off-base.

Just go to Sophia and take those 2 free courses, then go to Study.com and finish the last 3.

I would also go ahead and apply now, and start that cornerstone sooner rather than later. You can sign up for August, and complete the 5 (4?) courses you need this month.

Then the capstone and you're done! Woot!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you so much for the helpful information. I knocked out the Sophia ethics course and will finish Algebra in the next few days. Once that is completed I will submit everything to TESU and get this goal behind me. Then it's on to the next one!

Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes LoanGunman's post:
  • celticlapu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 20 219 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Seeking Advice on transferring to WGU out of SNHU dlachance1977 5 125 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,845 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 557 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 371 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 17 1,020 03-18-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Advice: Associates Chilow 14 1,274 03-17-2024, 03:02 PM
  Need to finish up fast channaleah 6 505 03-17-2024, 01:35 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 853 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 629 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts