Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Calculus III & Linear Algebra
Anyone know why Calculus III is an upper level class if taken online at TESU?  Can anyone who has taken it comment on how the class went?  Also interested in hearing from anyone who has taken Linear Algebra online at TESU.  Both these classes are usually lower level at most schools.  Thanks.
TESU counts both as upper level, but don’t expect that to hold if you are looking to transfer the classes elsewhere. The most frustrating part of all the TESU math courses is using the provided program to type your work. I had one mentor that allowed us to hand write and scan our work (that was calc ii) and another that allowed use of whatever method to type the work, but most required using the provided program. Otherwise, the workload is pretty evenly distributed for each assignment in linear algebra and that’s generally true in the calc classes. I had one calc assignment that took me over 9 hours to get through, though that may have just been my own slowness...

You really have to be good at learning math through reading or finding your own outside videos, because there were no lectures in any of my TESUmath courses. Some mentors provided notes that were really well geared towards the assignments.

Also, the midterms were all open book. I seem to recall at least one final did not allow the book, but that may have been College Geometry. It’s been a couple years since I’ve had a TESU math class. Probably last one was March 2017.
(02-18-2019, 11:56 AM)Sparklette Wrote: TESU counts both as upper level, but don’t expect that to hold if you are looking to transfer the classes elsewhere. The most frustrating part of all the TESU math courses is using the provided program to type your work. I had one mentor that allowed us to hand write and scan our work (that was calc ii) and another that allowed use of whatever method to type the work, but most required using the provided program. Otherwise, the workload is pretty evenly distributed for each assignment in linear algebra and that’s generally true in the calc classes. I had one calc assignment that took me over 9 hours to get through, though that may have just been my own slowness...

You really have to be good at learning math through reading or finding your own outside videos, because there were no lectures in any of my TESUmath courses. Some mentors provided notes that were really well geared towards the assignments.

Also, the midterms were all open book. I seem to recall at least one final did not allow the book, but that may have been College Geometry. It’s been a couple years since I’ve had a TESU math class. Probably last one was March 2017.

I guess it's best to take them there anyway to ensure you can make the required 18 upper level credits (better to finish them sooner than later).  Fortunately, there are a lot of resources on the web.  Interesting that their course is sub-standard, but they still won't allow upper level credits for the same course from other institutions.  Thank you for the insight.
(02-18-2019, 12:21 PM)satori Wrote: I guess it's best to take them there anyway to ensure you can make the required 18 upper level credits (better to finish them sooner than later).  Fortunately, there are a lot of resources on the web.  Interesting that their course is sub-standard, but they still won't allow upper level credits for the same course from other institutions.  Thank you for the insight.
Thank you so much for sharing this, it was really helpful for me!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,482 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 589 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 489 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 516 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 271 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,314 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 396 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 285 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27