Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Capstone book - International Edition
Hey guys,

The textbook for the capstone course ISBN 978-1259732782 Is about $200 Canadian dollars (amazon does not have a rental feature in Canada), but there is an "International Edition" which is a softcover which has the same ISBN and is only about $50. 

Can my friend use this one for his capstone course ?

Alternatively, does anyone have the 21st edition of the book available to buy used, or does anyone have a link to a pdf ?
I needed a textbook for a course, and the new price was $375! Yes, more than twice the price of the $155 course at my local CC. Yikes. I found an International version for $21. So I bought it. Well, I knew there might be an issue, but it was worth a shot (there were no used books that I could find, and it was prior to rentals being a thing). I took it to class, to compare it to the teacher's book, and lo and behold, it was VERY different. Luckily, I found a way to work around it, but honestly, if I didn't already have a copy of the regular book, I would have been screwed. Turns out, while all of the text for each chapter was the same, the chapter order, and chapter titles were completely different. So, I had to go through each chapter, figure out how it matched up to the teacher's version, and put a Post-It note to "rename" each chapter to the correct one. It took about an hour, and was worth it - but I'm glad I knew to check ahead of time.

Anyway, I would say that if your friend could purchase a copy of each (the International version and the regular book) where it was free to return both - and then compare them and make sure that they're the same, and if not, return the IV, and if so, return the regular book, that would probably be the best option.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sounds like its best to just buy it for $200 and then put it on ebay
There are other places to rent text books other than Amazon, some may ship to Canada.  - https://www.textbookrentals.com/

The only thing that would concern me of the international version is that the Capstone is very focus on the case studies - I would be concerned the international version would not have the case studies you absolutely must have to take the course.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(05-25-2018, 06:46 AM)allvia Wrote: There are other places to rent text books other than Amazon, some may ship to Canada.  - https://www.textbookrentals.com/

The only thing that would concern me of the international version is that the Capstone is very focus on the case studies - I would be concerned the international version would not have the case studies you absolutely must have to take the course.

Like I said, in my experience, it's the same book with all the same info, just arranged differently.  That's why you have to compare the 2 books to make sure that it has EVERYTHING that you need (this would include case studies).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,975 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,299 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,373 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic