Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Changes
Hi All, 

I have been attending community college (I have 45 credits that should transfer well), always with TESU's Finance BSBA in mind. Well, I haven't been on this forum or the TESU website for a year or so and it appears some things have changed, including TESU's pay per credit plan.

As far as I understand it (mostly from all the informative posts by other degree forum members) I can still do the PPC plan, but in addition need to pay for out of state tuition waiver, as well as other fees. The comprehensive plan seems very expensive, so I don't think that is an option. I intend to do a number of UL courses on study.com, so right now it appears there is a discount for that also. 

So, my first question is whether or not the PPC plan and the waiver is the most cost effective way for me to complete my degree plan at TESU. My second question is, how many credits do I actually have to take at TESU (I would only take TECEPS and not the courses)? And does strategic management (for those of you who know about the finance degree in particular) have to be taken with TESU? 

I know this is a lot, but like I said, the changes have kind of messed with my plan and I am struggling to understand the best course of action. I should have stayed more up to date :/

Thanks in advance!
The residency waiver has nothing to do with out of state tuition, it is instead an alternative to taking 16 credits at TESU. The per credit plan is still the best way to go, but now you need only take the capstone course (no more strategic management TECEP) at TESU, no TECEPs unless you want to.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • High_Order1, Sophiarmz
Sophiarmz Wrote:So, my first question is whether or not the PPC plan and the waiver is the most cost effective way for me to complete my degree plan at TESU. My second question is, how many credits do I actually have to take at TESU (I would only take TECEPS and not the courses)? And does strategic management (for those of you who know about the finance degree in particular) have to be taken with TESU? 

1) Basically, yes, the PPC is the best option with the waiver/discount with Study.com
2) The only course you should take at TESU is the Capstone (for the BALS OR BSBA), skip the TECEPS.
3) Strategic Management is no longer called that, it's now the Business Capstone (see point#2 above), that's the ONLY course you should take as the BSBA GM has everything available elsewhere and offered cheap/easy/fast.
4) If you are going for a BSBA Finance or another option other than GM, you may need just one TECEP.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-17-2017, 09:49 PM)davewill Wrote: The residency waiver has nothing to do with out of state tuition, it is instead an alternative to taking 16 credits at TESU. The per credit plan is still the best way to go, but now you need only take the capstone course (no more strategic management TECEP) at TESU, no TECEPs unless you want to.
Thank you for the quick reply. So it seems that even though the residency waiver has nothing to do with the out of state tuition, I would still need to pay for it so as not to have to take 16 credits at TESU.

(12-17-2017, 11:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Sophiarmz Wrote:So, my first question is whether or not the PPC plan and the waiver is the most cost effective way for me to complete my degree plan at TESU. My second question is, how many credits do I actually have to take at TESU (I would only take TECEPS and not the courses)? And does strategic management (for those of you who know about the finance degree in particular) have to be taken with TESU? 

1) Basically, yes, the PPC is the best option with the waiver/discount with Study.com
2) The only course you should take at TESU is the Capstone (for the BALS OR BSBA), skip the TECEPS.
3) Strategic Management is no longer called that, it's now the Business Capstone (see point#2 above), that's the ONLY course you should take as the BSBA GM has everything available elsewhere and offered cheap/easy/fast.
4) If you are going for a BSBA Finance or another option other than GM, you may need just one TECEP.

Very informative, thank you. I was under the impression that you could somehow skip the capstone if you are using study.com.... did I misunderstand this?

Also, on TESU's website they offer info regarding which study.com credits would be considered the equivalent for the UL BSBA credits, but they had no equivalent courses listed for the final 18 credits. Do you happen to know where I might be able to take some of these? 

Again, thank you and Davewill for such quick and informative replies. This forum is an amazing source of information.
For all the Bachelor's degrees offered at TESU, the capstone is required to be taken at TESU, the rest can be transferred in. You mixed that up with the Cornerstone which can be skipped/omitted using the Study.com discount. If you have time, I have the BSBA AOS requirements and recommendations on the Beginners Guide thread. Please see this link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...#pid248050
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have a degree plan for the BSBA/FIN degree at TESU.

If you know you want to do this degree, and you have/will have the money, I would sign up for Study.com, take at least 2 courses in a month, and then apply at TESU with their affiliate membership.  Then, you need to enroll for the capstone before 6/30/18 to get the study.com discount on that course.

If you're also ready to graduate at that point (or close to it), you could pay the residency waiver then, and apply to graduate.  Worse comes to worse, you've paid everything and graduation gets pushed back a cycle (and there are no extra fees associated with that).

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA FIN.xlsx (Size: 49.52 KB / Downloads: 32)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-18-2017, 12:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For all the Bachelor's degrees offered at TESU, the capstone is required to be taken at TESU, the rest can be transferred in.  You mixed that up with the Cornerstone which can be skipped/omitted using the Study.com discount.  If you have time, I have the BSBA AOS requirements and recommendations on the Beginners Guide thread.  Please see this link:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...#pid248050

Thank you... the beginners guide thread is so helpful. So it appears the study.com discount will expire. Does this mean that I won't be able to miss/skip the cornerstone requirement if I don't finish before end of June?
(12-18-2017, 01:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I have a degree plan for the BSBA/FIN degree at TESU.

If you know you want to do this degree, and you have/will have the money, I would sign up for Study.com, take at least 2 courses in a month, and then apply at TESU with their affiliate membership.  Then, you need to enroll for the capstone before 6/30/18 to get the study.com discount on that course.

If you're also ready to graduate at that point (or close to it), you could pay the residency waiver then, and apply to graduate.  Worse comes to worse, you've paid everything and graduation gets pushed back a cycle (and there are no extra fees associated with that).

Really appreciate the BSBA plan and all the info. While I can take 2 courses a month from now until June, I don't know that I will be ready to graduate at that time.
Is the discount for the capstone and the residency waiver 10 percent before June 30th? And by being pushed back a cycle do you mean a semester? 
I am sorry for all the questions, but you are all so helpful and I am having a hard time piecing it all together just from what I have found on the TESU website.

Actually, I found a post in the forum regarding the discounts that I believe you had written dfrecore:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=27986

Seems like it may turn out to be much more than a 10 percent discount.
There is no way to know what TESU is going to do after 6/30/18 in regards to the Study.com discount.  But it's definitely a large discount now, and I'm going to guess that the price is going to go way up. You have to take into account not just the discount they gave, but the fact that TESU's tuition went up after the discount, and it will probably go up again next year.  So it's probably going to be a substantial jump from the current pricing.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-18-2017, 04:35 PM)Sophiarmz Wrote: Thank you... the beginners guide thread is so helpful. So it appears the study.com discount will expire. Does this mean that I won't be able to miss/skip the cornerstone requirement if I don't finish before end of June?

I wouldn't think so. I would think once they apply the waiver it would stick...unless you let your enrollment lapse, perhaps. Also we fully expect there to be a Study.com discount after that time, we just don't expect it to be near as good. They made the mistake of listing actual dollar amounts in the contract with Study.com and that kept TESU's last round of price hikes from affecting Study.com students. They won't make that mistake again.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,982 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,646 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,348 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore