Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhetoric 1 & 2
A family friend took both Rhetoric 1 & 2 (8 cr) at the University of Iowa.
The University's gen ed requirements say:

Communication and Literacy Requirement
Rhetoric: a minimum of 4 s.h.
World Languages: required credit varies by language (see "World Languages" below)
Interpretation of Literature: a minimum of 3 s.h.

She later attended a community college in Iowa that gave her credit for 4 credits in ENG101 and 4 credits in Speech. None of these are quarters.

I'm puzzled about how you guys think Rhetoric 1 & 2 will transfer into TESU. The community college's evaluation won't matter since the credit was earned at a university, but I find it interesting.

Any guesses?
This is one where I just don't know. I'm much better at the regular stuff, Marketing 101, College Algebra, Art History, Psych 101, etc. When it gets funky like this, it's hard to tell.

Best bet is to look at the syllabus for each course, to see what it says. That's what TESU will require when evaluating it anyway.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
This is just an (educated?) guess. I think the first is likely to be Fundamentals of Speech I (COM-108). The other, probably something like Speech II.

A lot of schools call English 101 "Composition and Rhetoric" which is why I say it's hard to know what TESU will consider this. Rhetoric in college classes is sometimes having to do with English language usage and writing, and sometimes having to do with Speech.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yeah, it could just be ENG101 and 102, or ENG101 and Speech I Sad

(01-11-2018, 09:57 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A lot of schools call English 101 "Composition and Rhetoric" which is why I say it's hard to know what TESU will consider this. Rhetoric in college classes is sometimes having to do with English language usage and writing, and sometimes having to do with Speech.

I assumed ENG1 & 2 until I saw her CC transcript, which made me second guess myself. I believe she will apply to TESU shortly, so I'll get an answer eventually, just wondered if anyone else had it evaluated. Thanks!