Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting from (almost) scratch-TESU BSBA Marketing
Hello, 

I have 9 credits (ENG101, ENG102, BIO 101) and need to complete a bachelor's in no more than 3 years. I would like to finish faster if possible. I'm 42, work full time and have a family, so testing out of as many classes as possible is preferable to me. I applied and have been accepted at TESU and plan to get a BSBA in marketing. Is there an updated degree plan for this? Do I take tests and transfer them one at a time? All at once? I'm overwhelmed. The last degree plan I could find is from 2018.

Thank you!
[-] The following 2 users Like dotdot's post:
  • Casterly Rock, dhallfootball21
This is a current degree plan for TESU marketing. (3 Parts)

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...re_Roadmap
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

TESU you need 30 RA credits. You have 9 RA now. You could do 2 TECEPs and a flat-rate term to get the rest. 

If you work on your degree for around 20 hours a week on your studies, you can finish your degree in 6-12 months.
Part-time is 10 hours a week, and even just 4 hours a week you can still make good progress.

Use the degree plan and make a spreadsheet of the courses you need to complete. Then I suggest doing all you can with Sophia first before moving on to SDC or other providers.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Casterly Rock, dhallfootball21
I would suggest looking at UMPI as well. It will be cheaper, and they have a Marketing concentration for their business degree as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • dhallfootball21, FastTrackDegree
@dotdot, where's the third dot?!  Have you looked at other schools in addition to TESU?  Welcome to the board, we have some basic info but it really isn't enough to determine what your best course of action is, you should provide us more details by following the template and addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

By giving us more info, we can see if alternative credit by test-out is better for your or competency based education, so it's about a 50/50 swing right now towards Big 3 or CBE options.  If you don't really need a marketing degree and just a BSBA, there are even more options other than the main ones we recommend - Excelsior/TESU or UMPI/WGU are your best bets right now.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(05-29-2022, 11:33 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @dotdot, where's the third dot?!  Have you looked at other schools in addition to TESU?  Welcome to the board, we have some basic info but it really isn't enough to determine what your best course of action is, you should provide us more details by following the template and addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

By giving us more info, we can see if alternative credit by test-out is better for your or competency based education, so it's about a 50/50 swing right now towards Big 3 or CBE options.  If you don't really need a marketing degree and just a BSBA, there are even more options other than the main ones we recommend - Excelsior/TESU or UMPI/WGU are your best bets right now.
Thanks!

Your Location: Alabama
Your Age:42
What kind of degree do you want?: BSBA- doesn't have to be marketing, but it's the field I enjoy
Current Regional Accredited Credits: 9

School Name Total Credits: #Auburn University
Class Name, Credits, Grade
ENG101, 3 
BIO101, 3

Jefferson State Community College
ENG 102, 3, B

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: NONE

Any certifications or military experience? Montessori School Leadership Certification

(05-29-2022, 10:48 AM)LevelUP Wrote: This is a current degree plan for TESU marketing. (3 Parts)

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...re_Roadmap
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

TESU you need 30 RA credits. You have 9 RA now. You could do 2 TECEPs and a flat-rate term to get the rest. 

If you work on your degree for around 20 hours a week on your studies, you can finish your degree in 6-12 months.
Part-time is 10 hours a week, and even just 4 hours a week you can still make good progress.

Use the degree plan and make a spreadsheet of the courses you need to complete. Then I suggest doing all you can with Sophia first before moving on to SDC or other providers.

Thank you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes dotdot's post:
  • dhallfootball21
@dotdot, the info you provided was pretty much the same as what's already in the first post.  What's missing is the addendum below - last post of the link I gave you.

Update: In addition to the basic template above... It may be a good idea to expand the information you provide us to include the following, this will provide some insight into your particular situation.  We can either recommend the alternative test-out options COSC, EC (soon to be EU), TESU or competency based education providers such as PUG, UMG (UMASS Global - formerly Brandman), UMPI, WGU or another institution.

Budget: I have a max of $10K saved up.  I'd like to go the cheapest route possible, but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: Honestly, just kids/spouse and my pets. I currently work full time and can work on my studies part time or in the evenings/weekends.
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the night or weekends as long as my schedule is free. I estimate at least 3 hours every week night and on the weekends, maybe 6 hours, total would be roughly 15+12=27 hours or slightly more.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within 1-1.5 years (12-18 months)
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: Yes, my workplace partners with ABC XYZ university, I get free tuition for undergrad and half off for grad studies!

Please provide any relevant details you may have that may help us determine a option or path for you to investigate, such as your preference towards either test-out (you're a great test taker) or competency based education (because you like assessments, assignments and have test anxiety).  What other details you provide us can help determine your course of action suited for your educational journey...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(05-29-2022, 09:51 AM)dotdot Wrote: Hello, 

I have 9 credits (ENG101, ENG102, BIO 101) and need to complete a bachelor's in no more than 3 years. I would like to finish faster if possible. I'm 42, work full time and have a family, so testing out of as many classes as possible is preferable to me. I applied and have been accepted at TESU and plan to get a BSBA in marketing. Is there an updated degree plan for this? Do I take tests and transfer them one at a time? All at once? I'm overwhelmed. The last degree plan I could find is from 2018.

Thank you!

Here is a degree plan for TESU BSBA in Marketing: https://bit.ly/3lwuGJh

I also have a link on there for a degree plan recording where I try to explain the entire process. You can get it done in 2 years realistically. I personally liked learning on Study.com as well as my TESU graduate and my Excelsior graduate. The easiest class on Study.com is Comm 120 Presentational Skills in the Workplace and can be finished in 3 days. Study has placement tests to test out what you know and uses adaptive learning so you learn things once but earn twice. Every time that lesson/quiz concept is in a different class, it will already be marked complete in every class on Study.com. Their lessons do a great job teaching every concept. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes dragonwolf's post:
  • dhallfootball21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,323 9 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 454 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 478 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27