Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Equivalencies for all alternative credit sources?
I've looked all over the forum; I found some info scattered amongst some posts.

I was hoping I could find a comprehensive list of the TESU equivalencies for all alternative credit sources (Straighterline, Sophia, etc.)

Anybody know where I can find this?

At the very least, do you know what the Sophia equivalencies are for their courses at TESU?

Thanks in advance!
(02-07-2018, 02:13 PM)kevinmane Wrote: I've looked all over the forum; I found some info scattered amongst some posts.

I was hoping I could find a comprehensive list of the TESU equivalencies for all alternative credit sources (Straighterline, Sophia, etc.)

Anybody know where I can find this?

At the very least, do you know what the Sophia equivalencies are for their courses at TESU?

Thanks in advance!

There is no (public) comprehensive list - as things change often.   There are however people here who do keep ongoing personal lists, which they update with the changes as others share their assessment equivalences information.  If you share a list of what you have listed with ACE (course & source - and date completed, as that is key to them being considered UL or LL) you'll likely get a timely response from those in the know - I know odds may even be favorable for them to be plugged into a spreadsheet with a TESU plan if you wish.

You should be easily able paste your ACE course transcript list (My Courses/Examinations), it would have all the pieces needed to give you accurate information as it stands today.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

https://tesu.sophia.org/#courses
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
Awesome, thanks! That Sophia link is just what I needed. Appreciate it.
Maybe one of these days the MVP's will share their 'master list'-- maybe as part of the Wiki that's been so helpful! Until then, we'll continue to piece it together the best we can! Good luck!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
(02-07-2018, 04:44 PM)scout2family Wrote: Maybe one of these days the MVP's will share their 'master list'-- maybe as part of the Wiki that's been so helpful! Until then, we'll continue to piece it together the best we can! Good luck!

There is no single source of truth for these assessment equivalencies since they are a moving target. For example, ACE or NCCRS may change their assessment of a course, or remove recommendation for a course, or TESU may change how it accepts credits or how those credits fulfill GenEd or AOS requirements. This happened with Study.com recently with a number of courses changing from UL to LL and therefore changed their course equivalencies. It also happened with ALEKS when they lost ACE Credit recommendation for all their math courses.

Ultimately, the only way for sure to know what a course will come in as will be to take the class and transfer it in. You can also speak to advising and ask for a class to be pre-approved and confirm it will meet your degree requirements, but that isn't always possible since not all courses from every provider have been reviewed. And sometimes a "quick" assessment will be incorrect or change.

I built my own equivalency list. It isn't really that hard to do... it just takes some time and effort. The first step is to go to each of the providers you're interested in using and find their course equivalency list. Most keep those up to date. For courses that aren't listed there, you can check ACE and/or NCCRS to verify they're worth college credit and the type of credit they are worth. That will often give you an idea of what they might transfer in as well. After that, you can search this forum (and degreeinfo) to look for examples of other student assessments to find out what the specific course equivalencies are and what requirements they fulfill. Once you have your list, you just keep updating it as people post new assessments and/or receive information from advising.

As long as you understand that the list you build is potentially wrong, and/or may become obsolete as soon as you enter the data into your spreadsheet, you should be good. It's a good place to start building your degree and course plan, but you will either need to confirm your courses with advising along the way (particularly for new courses) or just accept the risk before taking them and keep your fingers crossed that the equivalencies remain the same.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Just be aware that the Sophia list tells you what the courses will come in as, but you also need to know where they fit into a degree plan.

They are also a pretty expensive source of credit. There are cheaper ones available.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 4 users Like jsd's post:
  • davewill, mudball, scout2family, SDO
Those of us who have comprehensive lists won't be posting them on here. They change on a regular basis, and we don't want to be responsible for an old list getting out and screwing people up.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 485 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,084 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 576 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 711 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 712 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 858 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,906 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,570 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,428 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore