Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Graduation Timeline
Hi folks! The above title is as close to my real question as I could get, lol!

I understand that to graduate in September, I have to have all my fees paid and classes finished by June 1st.....

But what if I have a couple of classes that are finished....by July 1st...but once I transfer the credits to ACE (or transfer them directly to TESU), it takes up to 25 days for the classes to be added to the transcript, so that I really won't be finished until late July.

Does anyone know if TESU makes allowances for situations like these? or are they pretty hardline as far as graduation time frames go. I hope I was clear, thanks for your help!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
My understanding is that they will do evaluations really quick in those circumstances. I wouldn't worry about it. I've also heard of you not finishing a class until a week after and you let them know and they grant you permission. Atleast that's what I've read on this forum.
This is what TESU has on their website..
Thomas Edison State University: Graduation Information

It says Deadline to Submit Application, Fees and Official Transcripts: July 1st for September graduation
and "If you are enrolled in a TESU course that begins in…March, April or May...You are eligible for…September Graduation".

So as long as everything is in by July 1st you should be good to go. I'm assuming you've already gone through the initial evaluation? If so, it doesn't take 25 days to get transcripts added to the evaluation. I contacted advising recently and they added one transcript within 24 hours. I'm certain that if you needed it added quickly for graduation you could get that done pretty easily. But I would still go ahead and get it done as soon as possible. If you are getting really close to the deadline maybe make advising aware of your plans so they can "plan" those courses in. Also, if you need to take the capstone you'll need to get that finished in April or May. Registration for April starts tomorrow morning!

Good luck! I'm hoping to be graduating in September as well. My goal is to have all my ACE credits in by April 1st, complete the capstone in April, May, June and apply for graduation by July 1st!
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
From the many posts on here you will Apply to Graduate Before the Deadline "June 1st". They will set up graduation evals for like a week or two after that point. They will send you something saying you do not meet the requirements to graduate and they will do another evaluation further out. At this point you will want to let them know what courses you are finishing up and expected completion date. Say you finish up everything on June 20th have them put on ACE and then sent over to TESU. TESU usually takes a day to open up transcripts so June 21st. When they see the transcript they will see on your account you have applied for graduation and your evaluation will be expedited. No one appears to know the HARD deadline for graduations but it certainly isn't the Application Deadline. You have time to complete. I actually moved my window back because Mid May I though I would be pushing it for June Graduation so didn't want to risk it.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Where is the June 1 deadline for graduation that everyone is talking about? I'm seeing July 1st on the website. Do I need to apply by June 1st?
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
It's July. I corrected the original post.

rlw74 Wrote:Where is the June 1 deadline for graduation that everyone is talking about? I'm seeing July 1st on the website. Do I need to apply by June 1st?
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore