Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Graduation/with 2nd area of study
Hi ya'll, so I'm planning on graduating this June, currently taking the capstone and in one week I will start SOS-110. In TESU's graduation page has information second area of study. I will need to submit second application indicating the 2nd AOS. Since one of AOS is BSBA CIS, someone here mentioned that I will receive an associates in computer science. Question, do I need to submit another application for associates or it's automatic?
Thanks
In regard to the Additional ASNSM Computer Science, you can do it two ways: Using the form in the link below. Or just emailing/calling TESU and have it added to your degree program list.
Just to let you and others know, you can only have a max of TWO Associates and TWO Bachelors at TESU, and that's the most they'll add to the degree program list in your profile.

Not many people know that in order to double major, you request 1 degree in the degree program list. And when you're done with the second major, you request it to be added to your original degree by filling in a form! Here's the form links: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Library2HospitalChaplain
Great info as usual. So I was playing with my evaluation and applied to different associates, and I realized that upon completion of my  BSBA GM & CIS, I can also get an ASBA, & ASNSM computer science with no additional work. Now I need to convince TESU to add these two to my degree plan. Wow, 2 Associates and a dual BSBA in just one year..... You guys made this path so easy. Forever greatful.  Smile
Thank you for that link! I knew about the 2nd area of study possibilities for me, but I (a library technical assistant and a '95 TESC ASM degree) couldn't find that how to get it done.

One of my next programs wants a BA Liberal Arts degree (ordination under Jewish Renewal), the other certification wants a psych, religion, or other major related to chaplaincy work (Spiritual Care Association).

So I was trying to figure out how to satisfy everybody, with lots of tabs on my spreadsheet!
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
(01-28-2020, 04:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: In regard to the Additional ASNSM Computer Science, you can do it two ways: Using the form in the link below.  Or just emailing/calling TESU and have it added to your degree program list.
Just to let you and others know, you can only have a max of TWO Associates and TWO Bachelors at TESU, and that's the most they'll add to the degree program list in your profile.

Not many people know that in order to double major, you request 1 degree in the degree program list. And when you're done with the second major, you request it to be added to your original degree by filling in a form!  Here's the form links: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

Question. Your comment "you request 1 degree in the degree program list. And when you're done with the second major, you request it to be added to your original degree by filling in a form". How is this different than having two AOS with a BSBA? I guess I am confused about the procedure, can't you simply perform a degree change and request to pursue a additional BA major?

I am curious because I am thinking about pursuing a BA since I have finished the BSBA.
(01-28-2020, 04:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: In regard to the Additional ASNSM Computer Science, you can do it two ways: Using the form in the link below.  Or just emailing/calling TESU and have it added to your degree program list.

Not many people know that in order to double major, you request 1 degree in the degree program list. And when you're done with the second major, you request it to be added to your original degree by filling in a form!  Here's the form links: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
So I emailed TESU asking to add two  associates (AS in computer science and ASBN) to my degree plan and they did. Now when I click on evaluation I see 2 BSBAs and 2 Associates... Sweet... Thank you forum, your input has made this journey much easier.
(01-28-2020, 05:45 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: Great info as usual. So I was playing with my evaluation and applied to different associates, and I realized that upon completion of my  BSBA GM & CIS, I can also get an ASBA, & ASNSM computer science with no additional work. Now I need to convince TESU to add these two to my degree plan. Wow, 2 Associates and a dual BSBA in just one year..... You guys made this path so easy. Forever greatful.  Smile

How did you not need to do the associates capstone?
Working on TESU BSBA Operations Management. Graduating 2019
Courses (6cr): OPM 411, OPM 415
SDC (12cr): ENG 105, BUS 120, BUS 312, LIB 101
CLEP (12cr): Humanities, Natural Sciences
The Institutes (2cr): Ethics
(01-29-2020, 11:45 PM)hallk33 Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 05:45 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: Great info as usual. So I was playing with my evaluation and applied to different associates, and I realized that upon completion of my  BSBA GM & CIS, I can also get an ASBA, & ASNSM computer science with no additional work. Now I need to convince TESU to add these two to my degree plan. Wow, 2 Associates and a dual BSBA in just one year..... You guys made this path so easy. Forever greatful.  Smile

How did you not need to do the associates capstone?

ASNSM computer science & ASBA, don't require a associates capstone. I believe AA and AS criminal justice also don't require a associates capstone. All others required.
(01-29-2020, 01:02 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:

So I emailed TESU asking to add two  associates (AS in computer science and ASBN) to my degree plan and they did. Now when I click on evaluation I see 2 BSBAs and 2 Associates... Sweet... Thank you forum, your input has made this journey much easier.
How much additional cost did you incur for the double major and additional associates degrees (just the administrative costs, not course-related costs)?
(01-30-2020, 03:53 PM)terryd5150 Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 01:02 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:

How much additional cost did you incur for the double major and additional associates degrees (just the administrative costs, not course-related costs)?

If you graduate at the same time for everything there are no additional fees (i.e, same fees for one degree or multiple).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 560 1 hour ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 123 2 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,566 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 613 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 534 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 342 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,326 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 251 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM