Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEPs
Can I get some information on these? 

Where are they taken, how do I register, and how do I prepare for them? If I do not pass, how soon can I take it again? 

There are 4 courses I can take towards my area of study:

https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=COM-210
https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=MAR-321
https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=MAR-322
https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=MAR-323

I have a background in marketing and scored between 50 & 80 on all the practice exams, what should my next steps be?
degreeguy - Are you going for a BSBA with the Marketing concentration? In the event you don't pass, you can take it the next term date or if there is still time for the same term, pay for the exam again.

I've taken a few TECEPS, they use ProctorU as the online proctoring provider, you take the exam at home within the term dates you registered for the exam. Each TECEP has recommended textbooks and a "guideline" of materials that should be learned, study those and review the textbook. I usually make some shortened notes and write down things I am not familiar with to review later.

BTW, the TECEP for Marketing are $75/credit, that's $225/course. You may be better off taking all the courses from Study.com instead, although different courses, they all apply to the Marketing Concentration - it can be done entirely with Study.com

Furthermore, Study.com uses RPNOW, which is an easier system for proctoring, you don't have to deal with a person and you don't need to schedule in advance with ProctorU for the exam, last but not least, it's $200/month for 2 exams and $70/each additional exam/month.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • degreeguy
Lower Level Teceps are $75 but Upper Level are $225. Yes other options are cheaper. But the money isn't everything. If you already know a bunch about the subjects this could quicker and less annoying than study.com. I personally don't enjoy answering a zillion questions on subjects I already know, in that case, TECEPs could speed things up. Plus the Upper Level Study.com courses require you to write research essays and do projects that take awhile to complete. The TECEPs take a max of 3 hours and I don't think it possible to get through an entire upper level study.com course with assignments in that time. I guess it comes down to what do you value more money or time?
Thanks, the issue I'm running into is there aren't many LL course equivalents elsewhere... Some of the workload for the UL courses on Study.com is pretty intense.

I'd love to find an equivalent for Com-210, but I don't see it anywhere. I don't even see links on TESU to register for the TECEPs either, just regular courses.
(05-29-2019, 03:21 PM)degreeguy Wrote: Thanks, the issue I'm running into is there aren't many LL course equivalents elsewhere... Some of the workload for the UL courses on Study.com is pretty intense.

I'd love to find an equivalent for Com-210, but I don't see it anywhere. I don't even see links on TESU to register for the TECEPs either, just regular courses.

I don't know if there is an equivalent for Com-210 besides the TECEP but I don't think it matters. For TESU's Marketing degree you can choose whatever Marketing electives you'd like you don't have to take any certain ones besides Marketing Research. If are looking for an other way to get UL courses check out Davar it's only $100 for two courses: https://www.davaracademy.com/business.html

They have principles of sales and maybe others that could count for your degree. Davar is exam only but I think some of them require an essay with the exam but it all depends.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • degreeguy
Thanks, but where can I find a list of marketing electives? I don't see any under my evaluation and the only thing listed there says to contact my advisor, who just shoots off UL courses, I only need 4 of them. I'd love to find two that I can take on Study.com or Davar or somewhere else.
from the Tesu website:
Electives
Advertising
Advanced Advertising
Advanced Marketing Research
Advertising Campaigns
Advertising Copy and/or Layout
Advertising Media
Applied Marketing
Channels of Distribution
Creating & Implementing the Electronic Enterprise
Direct Mail and Direct Response Advertising
Direct Marketing Management
Franchising Management
Industrial Marketing OR Business-to-Business Marketing
International Advertising
International Marketing
Introduction to Retailing Management
Leading Teams and Groups OR Work Groups in Organizations
Legal Problems of the Marketing Process
Marketing Communications
Marketing Management
Marketing Management Strategy
Mathematical Models of Marketing Analysis
Marketing with Electronic Media
Merchandising
New Product Development & Marketing
Principles of Sales
Product Planning and Development
Public Relations: Thought and Practice
Research Methods in Organizations
Retail Advertising
Retail Buying OR Sales Promotion OR Visual Merchandising
Retail Buying and Merchandise Management
Retail Management
Sales Management
Services Marketing
Small Business Management
Supply Chain Management

This list of subjects is offered as a guide. Other subjects may also be considered appropriate for this major area of study.

Anything here with the word "marketing" in anywhere whether it be the title or course name should work: https://study.com/academy/college-accele...tters.html

Davar idk, but I'm thinking principles of sales would work.

As always get pre-approval from TESU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • degreeguy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free TECEPs Offer for Accepted-but-not-Enrolled PLEX 3 286 03-20-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Withdrawing from TECEPs Gives a "W" Grade mariobros1985 13 1,077 09-26-2023, 02:51 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Good study advice for my TECEPS? kowenboy 3 421 09-01-2023, 11:53 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  How to register to free TECEPs elcastor21 3 480 08-25-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free BA Math TECEPs evenFair23 3 482 08-20-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  90 credit max transfer, does that include TECEPs? Math avoidant 21 2,881 08-01-2023, 03:25 AM
  Advice: Taking a bunch of writing TECEPs tomorrow. CanICode 10 1,258 05-28-2023, 06:31 PM