Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Multiple Degrees Policy
(08-25-2023, 01:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 07:27 PM)DrMacLeod Wrote: I was looking at the B.S., Electronics Systems Engineering Technology degree.  I really wanted an ABET accredited degree to support a potential enrollment in a M.Eng., Systems Engineering program. It’s not a priority, but is initially why I was looking at TESU in the first place. I have an Associate’s in Electronics Systems Technology from my time in the Air Force (why my tuition is $250 per credit hour) and combined with other credits from my other degrees I wasn’t too far off from completing that program as well. But, my focus at the moment is AI/ML so the path to the program at UT of Austin is the priority at the moment. 

It looks like completing the requirements first for both the BACS and BSDSIA programs and applying for graduation later is the path I need to take. This will work, as I can make it all happen before the priority application deadline for the MSAI program at UT of Austin. Not that I even need the degrees, just the courses completed, but it will still be nice to have culminating into something should I not be accepted. 

Thanks again for your insight!

If you graduate with both at the same time, a BS Electronic Systems Engineering Technology degree and a BSDSIA degree will be ONE degree. The BACS would be your SECOND degree. If you want all of them, you must complete all requirements simultaneously.

I don't think this is true.
- The BS in Electronic Systems Engineering Technology is from the School of Applied Science & Technology
- The BS in Data Science & Analytics is from the Heavin School of Arts & Sciences
- The BA in Computer Science is from the Heavin School of Arts & Sciences

I think these end up being 3 different degrees?  From what I can remember, the 2 areas of study for one degree require that the degree be in the same "school."  And since the BSDSIA and the BACS are also not the same (a BS and a BA), that isn't the same degree either.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • davewill, origamishuttle
Okay, I checked last night and I thought these were the same school. I must have misread.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-25-2023, 10:30 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Okay, I checked last night and I thought these were the same school. I must have misread.
No worries, I do appreciate the review. Even if it was a possibility the timeline wouldn’t have worked for me to achieve all three.
(08-24-2023, 10:02 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
rachel83az Wrote:As far as we can tell, TESU's current policies are 2 TESU Bachelor's degrees, 2 TESU Associate degrees, and however many certificates you want (so long as they don't overlap with the degrees). Even if you have a previous degree (or two).

That's correct, you can take two associates, two bachelors at TESU and which ever certs that interest you.  The only difference is, you can take certs that overlap the degrees as well.  For instance, you want a BALS with Psych minor, you get the Psych Cert added without any extra cost due to the same requirements.  

For the BSBA CIS AOS, you can get the CIS Cert added... BACS, you get the CS Cert added.  There are only a handful of certs that have different requirements than the BSBA AOS or BALS concentration, those are the ones you can't get, it'll be too costly to take a course elsewhere to transfer them in.  It's your call...
Really??? Is this a new thing? I just took a look at the "Multiple Degrees Policy" on the website. It was my understanding for the past year or so that TESU would not award "ANY THIRD DEGREE", which I interpreted as, "If you got 2 bachelors outside of TESU, we still won't give you a 3rd degree". 

I'm currently working on a BA Comp Sci + Biology second degree bachelor's at TESU. I have my first BS in Chemistry from a different RA university. If this is correct, I SHOULD be able to get another BA/BS from TESU (as long as it's not from Heavin School of Arts and Science). So maybe a BSBA if I'm up for it?
Captainrekt000 Wrote:Really??? Is this a new thing? I just took a look at the "Multiple Degrees Policy" on the website. It was my understanding for the past year or so that TESU would not award "ANY THIRD DEGREE", which I interpreted as, "If you got 2 bachelors outside of TESU, we still won't give you a 3rd degree". 

I'm currently working on a BA Comp Sci + Biology second degree bachelor's at TESU. I have my first BS in Chemistry from a different RA university. If this is correct, I SHOULD be able to get another BA/BS from TESU (as long as it's not from Heavin School of Arts and Science). So maybe a BSBA if I'm up for it?

I'll just use a senior member of this board as an example, jsd (you can review their signature to get all the credential details if you wanted). jsd has a TESU BA Psych, WGU BSIT, and recently finished a BACS (along with a couple certs plus an additional associates degree). TESU only has a limit of degrees you get from TESU, regardless of what you have externally...

In your particular case, you have a BS Chemistry, you can do the BA Biology & Comp Science double major. If you want to do another BA with a double major, you can, or a BSBA dual AOS, it doesn't matter what you decide on, you have a limit of what I mentioned in the quotes - 2 Associates, 2 Bachelors, plus X certs.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 95 Yesterday, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 769 04-26-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 239 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,624 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 645 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 576 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 288 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,347 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 256 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 430 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM