Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Professional Business Requirements Study.com/Sophia Equivalent Help
Can someone please help me. I took multiple pricibles of finance courses one at my community college and another at Sofia. The only ones I’m seeing that I need is managerial communications 374, international management 372 and principals if finance 301. Will any study.com/Sofia courses fulfill these or will they not because they are upper level?? Thanks
You're more likely to get accurate help by following this template to create a new thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid335173

We don't know how many other upper-level credits you have, for example.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Mcflurry Wrote:Can someone please help me. I took multiple pricibles of finance courses one at my community college and another at Sofia. The only ones I’m seeing that I need is managerial communications 374, international management 372 and principals if finance 301. Will any study.com/Sofia courses fulfill these or will they not because they are upper level?? Thanks

Hey, Are you paying the residency waiver? I assume you haven't done the cornerstone/capstone either. Those courses you mentioned don't need to be upper level, you can take all lower level. You just need 18 credits UL total for your courses, the Capstone will be 3 credits, your Principles of Finance should be fine.

The AOS requires at least 12 UL, so your professional business courses should have at least 3 UL credits. You can take both courses remaining at Davar Academy and at $99/both courses and $30/both proctored exams for a grand total of $129 for Managerial Communications and also International Management.

carrythenothing Wrote:You're more likely to get accurate help by following this template to create a new thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid335173

We don't know how many other upper-level credits you have, for example.

Exactly, I highly recommend you copy/paste the template into a reply and provide more details such as your budget, commitments, etc.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for all the help guys. I was planning on paying the residency waiver. I wanted to only have to take the two required classes at tesu. Is there any other places to do upper level business courses without a proctored exam? I have everything for my bsba just need the 15 upper level courses not including the capstone. Thanks guys
(03-14-2022, 05:28 PM)Mcflurry Wrote: Thanks for all the help guys. I was planning on paying the residency waiver. I wanted to only have to take the two required classes at tesu. Is there any other places to do upper level business courses without a proctored exam? I have everything for my bsba just need the 15 upper level courses not including the capstone. Thanks guys

These courses are in the professional business requirements section. They don't need to be UL courses. 

Your list
managerial communications 374, international management 372, and principals if finance 301

Suggestions
Sophia Principals of Finance works which is what I took.
SDC Business 120: International Business works which is what I took.
SL business communication works which are what I took but I recommend you take SDC Business 324: Managerial Communication for the UL requirement. 

Wiki
For more options check out the Wiki:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...re_Roadmap

I think there is still a $140 discount for SDC.

It use to be that none of the UL courses in the professional business requirements section counted towards your UL requirement for the AOS. I'm not familiar if there was a rule change on that.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/Current/...nistration

"Twelve upper-level credits in the area of study and six upper-level credits in the Business Core which includes the Capstone course."
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(03-14-2022, 07:32 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/Current/...nistration

"Twelve upper-level credits in the area of study and six upper-level credits in the Business Core which includes the Capstone course."

Thanks.  So then everything is the same, just one UL course required in the Business Core/Professional Business Requirements since the capstone counts as the other course?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Yes, as long as you've got one UL course in business core, you're good.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thankyou, one last question. I have been taking study.com and failed the final. There is quizzes and my assignment as well. My total score between the 3 is passing so I wasn’t sure if the final had to be above 70 to get credit for the class?
There is no such thing as failing just the final. You fail everything or you pass everything. As long as you have 210 points between all quizzes, the final, and assignments (if any), you passed. The end.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 173 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 168 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 379 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 452 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 380 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,014 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 776 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 320 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 225 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,374 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM