Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Study.com Tuition Discount
I plan to do about 24 credit hours with TESU. From what I understand study.com members get an in-state discount on comprehensive tuition. Do I need to remain a paying study.com member for this discount or just be a member when I apply for TESU? Also does anyone know what the exact amount is for the discounted tuition? On the site I saw Study.com tuition at $6,350 for over 21 hours but in-state tuition listed at $7,300 for up to 36 hours so I'm a bit confused.
https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/index.cfm

You only need to transfer in 1 Study.com course to get the discount (become an affiliate member).

First, keep in mind that this expires on 6/30/18, and I have a feeling the prices will go up to the current pricing. For whatever reason, they gave people a discount, but then put in a dollar amount. So when they raised prices right after that, they were kind of stuck with that price that they wrote in there. I'm guessing they won't do that again.

For the residency waiver: they gave a 10% discount, but then put in a dollar amount of $1,800 (formerly $2,000 less 10% discount = $1,800). Then they raised the price of the residency waiver (new price is $2,500, less 10% discount should have been $2,250).

For the Per-Credit Tuition plan: the in-state price was ~$385/cr, so the 5% discount made it $366/cr. Now, the in-state price is $396/cr, so the price should be $376.20/cr.

For the Comprehensive Tuition Plan, the in-state pricing is currently $7,300/yr, and includes up to 36cr of courses. They did not include a written price there, so you don't get the old pricing of $6,350/yr. Bummer.

Most people on this forum don't take that many credits at TESU, unless it's completely unavoidable (they can't find the course anywhere else for less). With the discount, the price is good for a few classes, but it's an expensive way to go for 24cr. Many degrees can be had, start-to-finish, using inexpensive ways, for about $6500 for all 120cr at any of the Big 3. So that's the perspective we're coming from here.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The comprehensive plan, especially with the Study.com discount, is a pretty decent deal if you can't get the courses elsewhere, BUT...it's no cakewalk to finish 36 (or even 24) credits in a year. You'll want to time the start of the year carefully, and make sure the courses you leave until the end are ones you could finish cheap elsewhere if time ran out.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Anyone know when the $1800 waiver expires? I thought SDC said next July, but I don't remember.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(11-26-2017, 09:03 PM)icampy Wrote: Anyone know when the $1800 waiver expires? I thought SDC said next July, but I don't remember.

6/30/18

Thanks!!! Still have time. My plans also got pushed back, so I was hoping it wouldn't expire too soon.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

I'm still confused. So suppose I want to do a course now as a non-us citizen, with a study.com course what would be the price per course at tesu?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(11-26-2017, 10:46 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I'm still confused. So suppose I want to do a course now as a non-us citizen, with a study.com course what would be the price per course at tesu?

It doesn't matter if you are in the US or outside. See this: http://support.study.com/support/solutio...university-

Study.com members receive the below discounts from Thomas Edison State University:

Application Fee: $75 (this is standard – not waived or discounted)
Tuition: Per Credit ($366) and Comprehensive ($6,350) tuition plans
Residency Waiver Fee ($1,800). This applies only if students take less than 16 credits for either an Associates degree or Bachelors degree.
Capstone pricing is $366 Per Credit & it's a 3 credit course ($1,098)
Cornerstone course (TES-100) fee is waived

**students have to select Study.com in the affiliate partner drop down on the TESU app form to be eligible for this pricing
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
oh thanks! Well I already took the cornerstone and am an enrolled student, you know if the study.com discount applies to enrolled students?

Cause between my last post and now I finished presentation skills in the work place! I passed the final with 86% not bad considering I dint watch any of the videos (I just finished public speaking at sophia and eng comp I at SL and am doing eng comp2 and bus comm at SL) so it was a lot of overlap. The course was short, but very very condensed.

Anyway, how long will it take before I can get my study.com results? it my first exam with them.

If I can pay only 1800 to graduate then I'll have the associates in arts in March...yay!! my first degree!! I only have eng comp 2 and medical terminology to do..If I can get the credits out of my local CC (I have 46 toward AAS Criminal Justice) then I can get and AAS Criminal Justice for $1800! Sweet deal..I'm a police officer and that would help me a lot..open a few doors..

Study.com mark my exam fast!!!!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(11-27-2017, 01:01 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: oh thanks! Well I already took the cornerstone and am an enrolled student, you know if the study.com discount applies to enrolled students?

Cause between my last post and now I finished presentation skills in the work place! I passed the final with 86% not bad considering I dint watch any of the videos (I just finished public speaking at sophia and eng comp I at SL  and am doing eng comp2 and bus comm at SL) so it was a lot of overlap. The course was short, but very very condensed.

Anyway, how long will it take before I can get my study.com results? it my first exam with them.

If I can pay only 1800 to graduate then I'll have the associates in arts in March...yay!! my first degree!! I only have eng comp 2 and medical terminology to do..If I can get the credits out of my local CC (I have 46 toward AAS Criminal Justice) then I can get and AAS Criminal Justice for $1800! Sweet deal..I'm a police officer and that would help me a lot..open a few doors..

Study.com mark my exam fast!!!!

You just need to call TESU and tell them you want to switch to the Study.com affiliate membership, and they'll do it right then for you.  It will change your info so that when you go to sign up for a course before June 30, 2018, the cost will automatically be $1098 rather than $1497.

One thing I want to inform you of: the $1800 residency waiver is supposed to be good for an AA and a BA if done within a year of each other.  So if I were you, I would sign up for the capstone before June 30 to get the discount, and try to finish the remaining courses for your BA by December 31 of 2018.  That way, you can apply to graduate by Jan 1, 2019, and not have to pay the $1800 again - you'd just have to pay another $300+ graduation fee at that time.  That's $2200 saved ($400 for the capstone discount and $1800 for the residency waiver).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 12,366 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,003 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,674 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,129 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,666 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,744 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,363 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,608 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,396 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic