Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Study.com Tuition Discount
I sure wish TESU would put out a definitive ruling on the residency waiver. They never seem to be able to make up their minds....or at least every advisor just says what they believe to be true.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Thank @dfrecore! Good tip. So just to clarify. If I finish all the requirements for an Associates in December (by the 12th I should finish), hopefully TESU will apply them to my transcript before the 31st, and I apply for graduate in March, I have until December 2018 to finish my bachelors and not pay an residency waiver fee!? If my total cost in December would be $2132 to graduate in March I can totally make that!   Big Grin
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(11-27-2017, 03:04 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 01:01 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: oh thanks! Well I already took the cornerstone and am an enrolled student, you know if the study.com discount applies to enrolled students?

Cause between my last post and now I finished presentation skills in the work place! I passed the final with 86% not bad considering I dint watch any of the videos (I just finished public speaking at sophia and eng comp I at SL  and am doing eng comp2 and bus comm at SL) so it was a lot of overlap. The course was short, but very very condensed.

Anyway, how long will it take before I can get my study.com results? it my first exam with them.

If I can pay only 1800 to graduate then I'll have the associates in arts in March...yay!! my first degree!! I only have eng comp 2 and medical terminology to do..If I can get the credits out of my local CC (I have 46 toward AAS Criminal Justice) then I can get and AAS Criminal Justice for $1800! Sweet deal..I'm a police officer and that would help me a lot..open a few doors..

Study.com mark my exam fast!!!!

You just need to call TESU and tell them you want to switch to the Study.com affiliate membership, and they'll do it right then for you.  It will change your info so that when you go to sign up for a course before June 30, 2018, the cost will automatically be $1098 rather than $1497.

One thing I want to inform you of: the $1800 residency waiver is supposed to be good for an AA and a BA if done within a year of each other.  So if I were you, I would sign up for the capstone before June 30 to get the discount, and try to finish the remaining courses for your BA by December 31 of 2018.  That way, you can apply to graduate by Jan 1, 2019, and not have to pay the $1800 again - you'd just have to pay another $300+ graduation fee at that time.  That's $2200 saved ($400 for the capstone discount and $1800 for the residency waiver).

TIMELINE QUESTION FOR THE DISCOUNT:

Big fees in 2018: 1 course fee that can't be found cheaply ($500), capstone ($1098), residency waiver ($1800), graduation fee ($332) = $3730. 

I assumed I would miss out on the study.com discount because I doubt I can have all of this by June. In fact I know I can't. Are you saying so long as I am registered for the capstone by June, I can lock in the lower price? This will lock in the residency waiver discount too? Can you help me with a timeline for the coming year to spread these costs out? If I can have until the end of the year that would be amazing and I can likely make it all happen without borrowing any money!  Big Grin
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
One other question @dfrecore I though you were supposed to finish everything before you enroll in the capstone? You can enroll in the capstone by June and take the rest of the year to finish fhe other stuff?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(11-27-2017, 09:28 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: One other question @dfrecore I though you were supposed to finish everything before you enroll in the capstone? You can enroll in the capstone by June and take the rest of the year to finish fhe other stuff?

I'm not finished but am taking the capstone now (I have 2 courses left to do besides the capstone).  You can take it when you want to, I haven't heard that they've stopped someone from taking it.

(11-27-2017, 09:15 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Thank @dfrecore! Good tip. So just to clarify. If I finish all the requirements for an Associates in December (by the 12th I should finish), hopefully TESU will apply them to my transcript before the 31st, and I apply for graduate in March, I have until December 2018 to finish my bachelors and not pay an residency waiver fee!? If my total cost in December would be $2132 to graduate in March I can totally make that!   Big Grin

Even if they haven't put anything on your transcript by 12/31, you can still apply for graduation on or before 1/1 and they will put it on there before doing a final eval.

Then, you should have until March 2019 graduation to complete the rest.

Of course, I would get the residency waiver being good for a year in writing before I plunked down my money.  I don't advise paying the RW for an AA because for most people, it's not worth it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So, the capstone pricing is going up as well after June of next year? I thought it was just the residency waiver. Hmmmm...
(11-27-2017, 01:23 PM)Silly_Me Wrote: So, the capstone pricing is going up as well after June of next year? I thought it was just the residency waiver. Hmmmm...

That's true, everything I posted in this thread on post #8 is subject to change June of 2018... I would work on the Capstone at the latest during that month (or register for it), you can complete the other courses after or concurrently.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-27-2017, 01:23 PM)Silly_Me Wrote: So, the capstone pricing is going up as well after June of next year?  I thought it was just the residency waiver. Hmmmm...

Yes.  Right now, the price for all courses is normally $499/cr ($1497/course) including the capstone.  With the Study.com discount (which expires 6/30/18 and we won't know what kind of discount they'll give at that time), the price is $366/cr ($1098/course, the cost of the in-state tuition at the time they signed the deal, and which has changed since then).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-27-2017, 09:22 AM)originalamyj Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 03:04 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 01:01 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: oh thanks! Well I already took the cornerstone and am an enrolled student, you know if the study.com discount applies to enrolled students?

Cause between my last post and now I finished presentation skills in the work place! I passed the final with 86% not bad considering I dint watch any of the videos (I just finished public speaking at sophia and eng comp I at SL  and am doing eng comp2 and bus comm at SL) so it was a lot of overlap. The course was short, but very very condensed.

Anyway, how long will it take before I can get my study.com results? it my first exam with them.

If I can pay only 1800 to graduate then I'll have the associates in arts in March...yay!! my first degree!! I only have eng comp 2 and medical terminology to do..If I can get the credits out of my local CC (I have 46 toward AAS Criminal Justice) then I can get and AAS Criminal Justice for $1800! Sweet deal..I'm a police officer and that would help me a lot..open a few doors..

Study.com mark my exam fast!!!!

You just need to call TESU and tell them you want to switch to the Study.com affiliate membership, and they'll do it right then for you.  It will change your info so that when you go to sign up for a course before June 30, 2018, the cost will automatically be $1098 rather than $1497.

One thing I want to inform you of: the $1800 residency waiver is supposed to be good for an AA and a BA if done within a year of each other.  So if I were you, I would sign up for the capstone before June 30 to get the discount, and try to finish the remaining courses for your BA by December 31 of 2018.  That way, you can apply to graduate by Jan 1, 2019, and not have to pay the $1800 again - you'd just have to pay another $300+ graduation fee at that time.  That's $2200 saved ($400 for the capstone discount and $1800 for the residency waiver).

TIMELINE QUESTION FOR THE DISCOUNT:

Big fees in 2018: 1 course fee that can't be found cheaply ($500), capstone ($1098), residency waiver ($1800), graduation fee ($332) = $3730. 

I assumed I would miss out on the study.com discount because I doubt I can have all of this by June. In fact I know I can't. Are you saying so long as I am registered for the capstone by June, I can lock in the lower price? This will lock in the residency waiver discount too? Can you help me with a timeline for the coming year to spread these costs out? If I can have until the end of the year that would be amazing and I can likely make it all happen without borrowing any money! 
Big Grin
dfrecore or bcheung - did you see the above question about the timeline? I thought perhaps it got lost in the thread. 
If my budget is super limited between now and June 2018, what should I do? If I register for the capstone in June, I pay for it in June, right? And by June I would have already had to have paid for the residency waiver too, in order to get the discount? SO the only fees I could defer for later in the year is that last course I have to buy, and the graduation fee? Do I have that correct in my mind?
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
Unfortunately, the residency waiver fee is applied after you apply for graduation, you would need to pay for the capstone course in June to reap the discounts. The only fee you can pay later would be the 1 course you can't find cheaply, I think it's the non-western literature course. You may want to wait until Early to Mid May before deciding... as they may have updated pricing that is cheaper than now (which I highly doubt)...

You have two options: Borrow a loan at the best or lowest interest rate, (this is the best option, as it will get your discounts on those courses vs paying for everything later at a higher price), and it helps your credit score if you pay it down without missing payments! (or borrow from family)

The other option someone mentioned was to get a credit card with 0% interest for 12 months. If you can get one using your credit score, find one that will provide you a minimum of $5000. Just pay the minimum required each month to keep it rolling. Pay the final balance for everything on the 12th month.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 12,403 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,033 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,698 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,195 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,704 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,760 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,379 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,631 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,354 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,416 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic