Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU TECEP & Veteran's Benefits...
Ok, so I was diving into some of the veteran's stuff on TESU's website, and ended up here

Quote:To be approved for certification for veterans’ benefits at Thomas Edison State University, a course must be designated as either and online, Guided Study or TECEPÂ. PLA and e-Pack courses are not eligible for veterans’ benefits. For students using the Post 9-11 GI Bill/ Chapter 33 VA benefits, once all of the necessary forms are completed, you will be able to register for classes and payment will be forwarded from Veterans Affairs to Thomas Edison State University.

I seem to recall that TECEPs used to be on the OTHER side of that first period. Anyone know if they just ended up with a typo on the page, or if something changed? I sent a question in to the Mil/Vet office, but figured I'd check here in case someone else has already had the question answered.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
I just used Air Force tuition assistance to pay for a Tecep and an online class. The Tecep option is listed right on afvec when you pick classes.
waitforit Wrote:I just used Air Force tuition assistance to pay for a Tecep and an online class. The Tecep option is listed right on afvec when you pick classes.

Same here, AF paid for my TECEPS as well with TA.

GI bill can be used to take a whole lot of tests and certifications includiong CLEPs DSSTs TECEPs and more.

IMHO, I would pay out of pocket if you plan on using the GI bill. Look into it, but I think since the TECEP is a test you would be using the full amount of benifits and you would not recive BAH. It would be better save the GI bill for somthing that will pay you the BAH then you can spend that BAH money on the $115 tests.
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
Oh, I don't plan on using it JUST for the TECEPs, that'd be a waste as far as I'm concerned. But based on the phrasing I'm curious if they now count towards the credit hours for full-time vs part time if taken in conjunction with a full class, which could be quite useful for someone who is only taking a class or two.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
hightecrebel Wrote:Oh, I don't plan on using it JUST for the TECEPs, that'd be a waste as far as I'm concerned. But based on the phrasing I'm curious if they now count towards the credit hours for full-time vs part time if taken in conjunction with a full class, which could be quite useful for someone who is only taking a class or two.

interesting thought. My assumption would be no since it is treated like a test and not a class. (like taking a clep or dsst) Try asking the VA
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cold War Veteran dewisant 0 1,092 11-19-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: dewisant
  Veteran's Day dewisant 5 1,596 11-14-2019, 10:39 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  TESU Application Fee Waiver ECH90 2 2,695 09-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: ECH90
  AF Commission with TESU Degree TESUAF 15 4,416 08-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,306 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90
Information Compiled List of Veteran Resources MNomadic 4 5,433 02-21-2019, 06:45 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,432 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU- Admission kruxalk20 15 3,424 02-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,903 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Engineering Technology programs: Excelsior vs TESU MNomadic 13 9,632 02-21-2018, 06:36 PM
Last Post: MNomadic