Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students
Hi!

I got my degree from Excelsior College (now Excelsior University!) in 2021 and this forum was absolutely invaluable in helping me get there. I've helped build a tool that is what I wish I had had when I was going through this process myself. 

The tool helps users to navigate the degree planning landscape and aims to take the hassle and nuances out of degree planning so that you can focus on your studies.

We're looking for some people to test it out before we release it to everyone (it'll be free, but we just want to make sure it works properly!) 

If you'd like to take part in this test, please schedule a meeting via the link below:

https://calendly.com/letmegraduate/beta-test

This shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, there's nothing you need to prepare for. We just want you to be able to share your screen with us (so that we can see how you use the tool and get feedback as you do so). 

The universities this is currently available for are: TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC, and WGU (though we're adding more -- if you have any suggestions for what you'd like to see next, send us a message arina@letmegraduate.com or just comment on this post)

All the best to you all. This is such a tiresome process and system to navigate, but once you get that diploma, it is extreemly rewarding and satisfying. You've got this!!!

Sincerely,

Arina and the rest of the team at Let Me Graduate
[-] The following 1 user Likes reen967's post:
  • Arto
How often will you update this tool? Colleges make updates all the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • jsd
(09-09-2022, 03:25 PM)ss20ts Wrote: How often will you update this tool? Colleges make updates all the time.

We're aware of this and are working to automate the updates but for now just going about it rogue-style and have a team checking each credit source and articularion regularly (every 2 weeks) for updates. What we really really don't want to do is have any misleading information on here, so if there's something that we're not sure about or that changes to regularly for us to keep up with, we're witholding it from the platform until these specifics can be addressed.
You didn't change some of the references to the organization from which you copied/pasted your privacy policy.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • jsd
(09-09-2022, 06:07 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: You didn't change some of the references to the organization from which you copied/pasted your privacy policy.

It's nice when someone actually reads the privacy policy.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(09-09-2022, 06:07 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: You didn't change some of the references to the organization from which you copied/pasted your privacy policy.

Thanks so much for pointing this out! We have reviewed our own privacy policy and changed the inconsistencies, but the policy itself remained the same.

Privacy Policies are available online and can be automatically generated using an online tool after answering a few questions about your organisation and the nature of the ways you operate in. We did not copy someone else’s Policy. Instead, we used one of these generators which contain their own placeholders. 

It’s a great resource for small organisations like ours who don’t have the money for a legal team but want to put a product or a tool out there regardless.

We’ve been working (very!) hard and hope you will benefit from what we’ve built Smile

(09-10-2022, 12:12 AM)jsd Wrote:

Agreed. We’re glad this was what stuck out and not the terms lol 

At this stage it is literally just name email password and you get access. There is nothing paid on the platform nor do we ask for any other details.

Like I said, we’re just testing a tool to see how you will use it/if you even need it. 

We’re excited to chat to all those who have already signed up to take part!
(09-10-2022, 12:44 AM)reen967 Wrote:

Thanks so much for pointing this out! We have reviewed our own privacy policy and changed the inconsistencies, but the policy itself remained the same.

Privacy Policies are available online and can be automatically generated using an online tool after answering a few questions about your organisation and the nature of the ways you operate in. We did not copy someone else’s Policy. Instead, we used one of these generators which contain their own placeholders. 

It’s a great resource for small organisations like ours who don’t have the money for a legal team but want to put a product or a tool out there regardless.

We’ve been working (very!) hard and hope you will benefit from what we’ve built Smile

At this stage it is literally just name email password and you get access. There is nothing paid on the platform nor do we ask for any other details.

Like I said, we’re just testing a tool to see how you will use it/if you even need it. 

Do you still need testers?

Thanks.  :-)
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
(09-23-2022, 05:20 PM)rvm Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 12:44 AM)reen967 Wrote:

We’ve been working (very!) hard and hope you will benefit from what we’ve built :)

Do you still need testers?

Thanks.  :-)

Hey! We do -- the more the marrier :)

Just use the link to register for the beta test call:

https://calendly.com/letmegraduate/beta-test

Looking forward to it!
  • rvm
Hey!

Just to let you know we're still running beta tests (will be for the foreseeable future). We've had tons of incredible feedback and can't wait to share what we're working on.

We've changed the booking link to:

https://calendly.com/letmegraduate/arina

Please book all beta tests using this link, and not the one previously posted. Thanks! Smile
  • Arto

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 257 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 315 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 711 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Do classes from Study.com & Sophia.org appear on Studentclearinghouse.org if... UMPI CanICode 9 1,159 10-17-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,431 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 896 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 720 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Anyone know yet if Sophia’s new Critical Thinking course will transfer to UMPI? IceSparkle 3 937 12-19-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,203 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM