Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Upper Level Computer Science Course Advice
Hello,

I was trying to use the search feature but am having a lot of difficulty.  So I figured I would just ask.

I need 3 upper level computer science courses outside of Management Information Systems.

One course will be Systs Analy/Dsgn   Is the SDC the cheapest and easiest method of attaining the credit for this course?  

I need another 2 upper level courses that are cheap and easy.  Any advice for upper level?

Lastly, any suggestion on an easy and cheap lower level course? 
I have a few ACE credits from TEEX via TEEX-0279 and TEEX-0277, which I believe should qualify. but any other advice would be appreciated.
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
First off: the courses with what appears to be the letter grade of "A" after them, are those exams or credits from an actual school? I am very confused about the numbers you have written after everything. It looks like you only have exams. You're going to need 24 RA credits + the capstone & cornerstone for a TESU degree. The cheapest sources for those credits would be TEL Learning, Olivet Nazarene University, or TECEPs. 

Now, to answer your actual question(s), SDC is the only alternate source of Sys Analysis & Design. That makes it both the cheapest and the easiest by default! It only has one (relatively) easy assignment to complete. 

As for which UL courses to take, there are a limited number of UL credits available via alternate sources. See this wiki page: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-23-2021, 01:54 AM)creationstory Wrote: I need 3 upper level computer science courses outside of Management Information Systems.

Looks like you need: 

Study.com
302 Systems Analysis and Design
303 Database Management

Then either TECEP Network Tech CMP-354 or a TESU course such as Software Engineering would be the easiest.

If you are doing the 16cr Flat Rate Tuition at TESU, then you may as well just take Software Engineering at TESU.  Took me 20hrs to complete that course.  The course was pretty technical and dry, but it was all papers, no tests, I got an easy A in it.

TECEP takes a while to study for and looks like you are good at test-taking.  You need that official book they recommend since the questions are based on that exact book.  Plan on 30-40 hrs to study for that test.

For Lower Level courses, you could take:
Study.com 304 network system design  (comes in as LL, won't overlap CMP-354)

This would be a good option if you take the TECEP CMP-354 since there will be nothing more to learn by taking this course.  Though this course is easy to pass either way.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
To reiterate another point. You can take a TESU course for the last 3 or take the TECEP. I ended up taking both CIS 351 - Software Engineering and CMP 354 - Network Technology (the course not the Tecep). If you want any info regarding the courses let me know. I found the Network Technology course to be far easier than the TECEP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes manmanthegr8's post:
  • denyzderazor
(06-23-2021, 01:54 AM)Currently taking Systems Analysis and Design. It is a moderate course with written assignments, discussions, and quizzes. Don\t know if taking it with study.com will be easier. Wrote: Hello,

I was trying to use the search feature but am having a lot of difficulty.  So I figured I would just ask.

I need 3 upper level computer science courses outside of Management Information Systems.

One course will be Systs Analy/Dsgn   Is the SDC the cheapest and easiest method of attaining the credit for this course?  

I need another 2 upper level courses that are cheap and easy.  Any advice for upper level?

Lastly, any suggestion on an easy and cheap lower level course? 
I have a few ACE credits from TEEX via TEEX-0279 and TEEX-0277, which I believe should qualify. but any other advice would be appreciated.
(06-24-2021, 01:15 AM)manmanthegr8 Wrote: To reiterate another point. You can take a TESU course for the last 3 or take the TECEP. I ended up taking both CIS 351 - Software Engineering and CMP 354 - Network Technology (the course not the Tecep). If you want any info regarding the courses let me know. I found the Network Technology course to be far easier than the TECEP.

I will like to know more about CIS 351.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 175 Yesterday, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 327 Yesterday, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 240 Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 175 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 212 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 254 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 251 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,069 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 361 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP