Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU academic evaluation hasn't been returned since 1/23/23. Is that enough time?
I submitted my sophia transcripts and they sent and email saying they would be done in 5 business days. It's quite a bit past that. 12 business days since they got them. The site says within 10 business days of them receiving them.

Should I check in? If so, with who?
@OP, patience is really a virtue here, did you check your academic evaluation already to see if it got updated? If no, then check it first, if you have checked and you don't see anything yet, you don't have to rush in asking, sometimes TESU has delays. Back a few months, their delays were up to 25 days for an evaluation as most people were looking to graduate each quarter, if it's near those dates, they'll be swamped with audit requests and so on... I would continue going through the courses you need and keep transferring them in, if you need to check with someone, email the academic advising team to see what remaining courses are needed for your credentials and also ask them about the transfer.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • CanICode
(02-10-2023, 01:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @OP, patience is really a virtue here, did you check your academic evaluation already to see if it got updated?  If no, then check it first, if you have checked and you don't see anything yet, you don't have to rush in asking, sometimes TESU has delays.  Back a few months, their delays were up to 25 days for an evaluation as most people were looking to graduate each quarter, if it's near those dates, they'll be swamped with audit requests and so on...  I would continue going through the courses you need and keep transferring them in, if you need to check with someone, email the academic advising team to see what remaining courses are needed for your credentials and also ask them about the transfer.

Yes, I am checking it daily because I have done a few courses that aren't listed on the wiki and am anxious to see how they will come in!

I will be patient. 25 days is enough but it does worry me. I think if this happens I am definitely going to lose a month towards the end of my plan waiting on the final transfers in. That's life, thanks for the information. I did search for the answer but I cannot seem to get very good search results that cover exactly what I am requesting.
Are you able to take any quick/cheap/free credits? For instance, the free TADA credits. Sometimes, though not always, sending in a second transcript will seemingly trigger an evaluation of the first. I don't know if it's coincidence, or if they really do sometimes "misplace" transcripts that they should be evaluating.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-10-2023, 04:33 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Are you able to take any quick/cheap/free credits? For instance, the free TADA credits. Sometimes, though not always, sending in a second transcript will seemingly trigger an evaluation of the first. I don't know if it's coincidence, or if they really do sometimes "misplace" transcripts that they should be evaluating.

Well I am on day 29 with no eval. After reading up on TADA courses, I don't need any of those currently. I will try sending over what I have from Study.com so far to trigger the sophia eval.

EDIT: Sent SDC transcripts. Hopefully that triggers something.
Just for reference, I submitted mine well after yours and mine came in today, I believe it took them about a week to do it and that's counting a holiday weekend.
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

(02-21-2023, 03:41 PM)BSLIONS Wrote: Just for reference, I submitted mine well after yours and mine came in today, I believe it took them about a week to do it and that's counting a holiday weekend.

Yikes. I was being patient because that's what I was advised to do on here but it does appear my transcript got lost somehow.

I did submit a course or two that no one else had submitted before or at least hasn't been updated on the wiki yet so I thought maybe that was slowing it down? Like its a first time eval for the course? I dunno. Gonna have to see what is going on.
I submitted mine on Feb 20 and just got the evaluation back. I don't know why it takes so long for you.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

(02-10-2023, 04:33 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Are you able to take any quick/cheap/free credits? For instance, the free TADA credits. Sometimes, though not always, sending in a second transcript will seemingly trigger an evaluation of the first. I don't know if it's coincidence, or if they really do sometimes "misplace" transcripts that they should be evaluating.

What are TADA credits ?
(02-24-2023, 04:36 PM)Dowew Wrote: What are TADA credits ?

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jch

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 783 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 248 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy