Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU and Study.com CJ305: Juvenile Justice
On dfrecore's recommendation in another thread, I emailed TESU to see if Study.com's "Criminal Justice 305: The Juvenile Justice System" will fulfill an upper level requirement in my BALS area of study.    

My response from TESU:  

Quote:I want to let you know that the University hasn’t reviewed this Study.com course yet, but I am submitting the request now for this course to be reviewed.

I'll post an update when I find out yay or nay. I'm interested in this subject matter, so I'll probably take the course either way, but UL would be nice.  It's ACE recommended for upper level, and has 80 quizzes, 2 short writing assignments, and the proctored final.
TESU: BALS Capstone
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
CLEP: Eng Comp 
Sophia.org: Effective Teams, Managing Conflict, Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
CSM Learn: The CSM Course
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
The Institutes: Ethics
TECEP: Computer Concepts and Applications
ALEKS: College Algebra
[-] The following 1 user Likes badooble's post:
  • ajs1976a
It is possible that they will make it SOC-242, which is what UExcel's Juvenile Delinquency transfers in as. I hope it comes in as upper level, good luck!
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
(03-13-2018, 09:11 AM)Joeman200 Wrote: It is possible that they will make it SOC-242, which is what UExcel's Juvenile Delinquency transfers in as.   I hope it comes in as upper level, good luck!

That's because the UExcel is a LL course; the Study.com course is ACE-recommended as UL, so it probably will come in as UL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Any update?
Still waiting. I'll send a follow-up email.
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
badooble, did you get an answer on this course? Since Shmoop just got tanked I need a new source for my UL in my BALS.
I was told that course would not meet an ul bals requirement. I have one class left to go. Thinking about study.com's civil war or one of the ul psych courses.
(05-04-2018, 10:20 PM)badooble Wrote: I was told that course would not meet an ul bals requirement. I have one class left to go. Thinking about study.com's civil war or one of the ul psych courses.

Did they give a reason?  It's ACE-recommended for UL, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't take it.  I might call and talk to someone (or many someones) until I got a good answer from someone who had a clue.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Bummer. I'm hoping they will take some MAN courses for our UL. I just finished project mgmt from Sophia which should be MAN435. I'm planning to tackle Management Information Systems for CIS301, Ehtics for PHI370, and Organizational Behavior for MAN310 thru DAVAR. If they won't take these for BALS UL then I'm skrewed. And I see some folks say they accept MAN in AOS for BALS and others say they don't. So I'm going for it and see what happens.
(05-06-2018, 12:39 PM)dfsquare Wrote: Bummer. I'm hoping they will take some MAN courses for our UL. I just finished project mgmt from Sophia which should be MAN435. I'm planning to tackle Management Information Systems for CIS301, Ehtics for PHI370, and Organizational Behavior for MAN310 thru DAVAR. If they won't take these for BALS UL then I'm skrewed. And I see some folks say they accept MAN in AOS for BALS and others say they don't. So I'm going for it and see what happens.

Project Management will not come in as a BALS course.

MIS, Ethics, and Org Behavior will.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • dfsquare

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 11,916 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,933 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,031 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,671 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,297 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,327 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic