Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU cornerstone/capstone question
Hi everyone!
I am one study.com test away from being done my classes for a dual BSBA. Next step is to take the cornerstone and capstone. I’m very excited and couldn’t have made it this far without all of your help. I’m so excited to be very close to completing this long journey. However, I’m extremely nervous going into the capstone. I had a mild case of Covid in April and ever since my grades haven’t been as good as they were pre covid (passing but not great). I’ve been dealing with a lot of brain fog and it seems to take me longer with school tasks. I’m terrified of spending the money to fail or not do well. Has anyone had any similar worries or situations?
[-] The following 1 user Likes tpell1219's post:
  • akr680
I totally understand what you're going through. It's part of why I have delayed my own degrees instead of already graduating. Can you put off graduation for a couple more months? I've found that taking a break and doing things like crossword puzzles has been helping to build my focus back up. It's still not quite where it should be but I think I am close to being ready to tackle the rest of my degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • akr680
Our senior members should start a youtube channel/videos for SOS-110 & Capstone to explain the process and strategy. Many of the students like me are afraid of taking Cornerstone and capstone due to the fear.
------------------

I would postpone it for as many months as necessary. The capstone, while not extremely difficult, was a good amount of work, and the midterm wasn't easy. I wouldn't want to take the course if I wasn't at my best.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I would take my time with the capstone/cornerstone combo, remember there is an option to extend the course if something happens, you just need to be 50% into the course before you get approval from the instructor. Further to this, always look at the deadlines and complete the requirements before that date/time, I would get in contact with instructor if anything out of the ordinary happens... Last but not least, if you're doing both, take 80/20 of your time on the Capstone/Cornerstone as the Capstone will be much more heavy in assignments/writing compared to the Cornerstone.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
yea I was thinking about possibly delaying. It’s so frustrating. I’ve been doing online games to try and get my brain sharper. I’ll have to get some crossword puzzles. Great idea

A YouTube channel or some sort of video would be a great idea. All of this information and advice is great. I was thinking about reaching out to TESU and see what they recommend. I’m not ready right now but I don’t want to delay it for long. I’ve worked hard to get to this point. Super frustrating but grateful my situation isn’t worse.
[-] The following 2 users Like tpell1219's post:
  • akr680, rachel83az
(08-11-2021, 08:30 PM)tpell1219 Wrote: yea I was thinking about possibly delaying. It’s so frustrating. I’ve been doing online games to try and get my brain sharper. I’ll have to get some crossword puzzles. Great idea

A YouTube channel or some sort of video would be a great idea. All of this information and advice is great. I was thinking about reaching out to TESU and see what they recommend. I’m not ready right now but I don’t want to delay it for long. I’ve worked hard to get to this point. Super frustrating but grateful my situation isn’t worse.

Make sure you enroll in a TECEP to stay enrolled; that way at least what you've completed so far is locked in for a year.

Good luck!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-11-2021, 05:07 AM)thtpell1219 Wrote: Hi everyone!
I am one study.com test away from being done my classes for a dual BSBA. Next step is to take the cornerstone and capstone. I’m very excited and couldn’t have made it this far without all of your help. I’m so excited to be very close to completing this long journey. However, I’m extremely nervous going into the capstone. I had a mild case of Covid in April and ever since my grades haven’t been as good as they were pre covid (passing but not great). I’ve been dealing with a lot of brain fog and it seems to take me longer with school tasks. I’m terrified of spending the money to fail or not do well. Has anyone had any similar worries or situations?

Our entire family of 5 is just starting to get over COVID.  I just got out of the hospital today myself.  My two sons were taking their Capstone, and they only had 4 discussion responses and the final paper.  We have decided they cannot concentrate enough to do the final paper, and we are going to pay the extension twice.  The coughing and nausea is awful.   Take a break if you can at all.  You will not regret it.
(08-11-2021, 08:30 PM)tpell1219 Wrote: yea I was thinking about possibly delaying. It’s so frustrating. I’ve been doing online games to try and get my brain sharper. I’ll have to get some crossword puzzles. Great idea

I like the Puzzle Page app enough that I paid for a year of no ads so that I could play it more easily. The crosswords and other puzzles are just difficult enough to be challenging while also not being too frustrating. But feel free to pick something else if that one isn't for you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I was a bit anxious about it but I'm doing the BA capstone right now and its going fine. But, I personally wouldn't want to do both the cornerstone and the capstone at the same time, and I don't have 6 kids and 4 jobs like some people. In fact, I'm not even sure how the average person with an average job could DO WELL doing both of those at the same time. But that's just me. I just try to keep things as stress-free as possible and try to get a good mark, rather than rush things. I would suggest waiting until you feel a bit better and just try taking the cornerstone on its own and see how that goes. I think you'll do fine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 497 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 444 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 465 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,281 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,222 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 257 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,216 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 527 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 367 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM