Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU doesn't accept ACE transcripts of Study.com courses?
That actually makes a lot of sense, good insight. I would not be surprised if we see that new fee from Study.com. Even a nominal one like $5 would be good revenue for them (and a big disappointment for us).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I've never seen that NCCRS charges a fee for their transcripting service. I wonder if that's one of the rules from them - "you can get NCCRS approved, but you can't charge to send the transcript."?

So, one thing about Study.com is that many of their courses are both ACE and NCCRS approved. So anything that's NCCRS would HAVE to be sent directly. If you take a course that's both, then you can choose (and it would be cheaper and easier to have them send directly for you). Not sure why an ACE recommended course would HAVE to be sent directly, it's kind of a strange requirement.

Also, at some point in the future, a company could go out of business (think DreamDegree in it's many iterations, JumpCourse, JavaOnline.org). If they were NCCRS approved, there would be no way to get the transcript at that point. So the ability to credit bank at ACE is huge. I have credits from a company that was approved through ACE when I took courses in 2000, and though they are still around, they've changed names, and are no longer in the ACE database. But, I called them directly, asked them to put the credits in my ACE account, and ACE worked with them to get those on there for me.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-20-2018, 08:41 AM)cookderosa Wrote: As suggested, I put everything on ACE always...never know.  Look at ALEKS as an example.  

Anyway, I thought about this a little because *technically* CLEP and AP would be "ACE" credits too, but the College Board has their own transcript option, but I think students would prefer to have everything in one place.  Then I realized that having a CLEP and AP transcript sent from College Board generates a little extra revenue for College Board.

Good point. I guess that College Board would refuse to approve the ACE requests. And even if those were on an ACE transcript, schools would probably not consider it valid CLEP/AP unless it came from College Board.

Hodges would not accept Straighterline from ACE. It had to come directly for SL. It is possible some other schools may do this also. They did come in with a grade, which would have been good if we had known ahead of time and had taken those classes for a grade and not just a pass. It was bad for us.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
I have completed all the requirements and applied for June graduation. I sent over the last ACE transcript with 2 study.com courses and 1 Ed4credit course that were completed a few weeks ago. They took the Ed4credit off the ACE transcript but it says in the Academic Evaluation notes that they want the transcript direct from Study.com to apply credit. This is crazy. I don't understand why it is not accepted from ACE. I just requested the transcript to be sent right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tekplay99's post:
  • jsh1138
I'm guessing that Study.com wants to see how many subscribers/students/whatever attend TESU. If you send it directly to ACE and TESU uses it from there, Study.com can't tell that you did this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Muldoon
(03-21-2018, 07:02 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I'm guessing that Study.com wants to see how many subscribers/students/whatever attend TESU. If you send it directly to ACE and TESU uses it from there, Study.com can't tell that you did this.

that makes as much sense as anything else i've heard
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(03-20-2018, 12:37 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I've never seen that NCCRS charges a fee for their transcripting service. I wonder if that's one of the rules from them - "you can get NCCRS approved, but you can't charge to send the transcript."?

So, one thing about Study.com is that many of their courses are both ACE and NCCRS approved. So anything that's NCCRS would HAVE to be sent directly. If you take a course that's both, then you can choose (and it would be cheaper and easier to have them send directly for you). Not sure why an ACE recommended course would HAVE to be sent directly, it's kind of a strange requirement.

Also, at some point in the future, a company could go out of business (think DreamDegree in it's many iterations, JumpCourse, JavaOnline.org). If they were NCCRS approved, there would be no way to get the transcript at that point. So the ability to credit bank at ACE is huge. I have credits from a company that was approved through ACE when I took courses in 2000, and though they are still around, they've changed names, and are no longer in the ACE database. But, I called them directly, asked them to put the credits in my ACE account, and ACE worked with them to get those on there for me.

I agree!! I've always been a little bit OCD about having everything on an ACE transcript the second a course is complete. I haven't had to record NCCRS for myself or my teens, so I'm unfamiliar with that process - but I thought I just read here yesterday that NCCRS doesn't have a transcript service? So, what about NCCRS courses with someone like Saylor? They don't have a transcript either- where do your credits get stored? I feel like I should know, but it hasn't come up with us yet.
Saylor sends a transcript directly to the school in that case. When I did it, there was no fee, but I had to send Saylor a stamped addressed envelope. However, I think they may have moved beyond that.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
That's strange. They accepted all of my Study.com credits on my ACE Transcript..but that was at the beginning of 2017. This must be a very recent development.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 11,890 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,579 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic