Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU double major
Hi everyone,
Is it possible to do a double major in BSBA and BA at TESU?
I’m currently enrolled in BS Finance at Excelsior, but I’m struggling so much with the UL finance, so I’m interested in switching to BSBA in General Management at TESU. Is is possible to also work on a BA English major at the same time?
I already read about their option for earning a 2nd bachelors degree if you earn 22 new credits, but I would like to work on both at the same time if possible. Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes leeloodallas's post:
  • Muldoon
(03-08-2018, 07:19 PM)leeloodallas Wrote: Hi everyone,
Is it possible to do a double major in BSBA and BA at TESU?
I’m currently enrolled in BS Finance at Excelsior, but I’m struggling so much with the UL finance, so I’m interested in switching to BSBA in General Management at TESU. Is is possible to also work on a BA English major at the same time?
I already read about their option for earning a 2nd bachelors degree if you earn 22 new credits, but I would like to work on both at the same time if possible. Thanks!

From what has been posted here previously, you cannot earn a BS and a BA at the same time. You have to finish one, get the degree and then apply for the second, which means you'll need new credits earned after the first degree was granted. You'll also need to meet all degree requirements in terms of prerequisites and AOS requirements, and pay a second graduation fee.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thank you for clarifying the policy.. that’s disappointing but I was pretty much expecting that answer.
You can't earn 2 degrees from 2 different "schools" within the college at the same time. So the BSBA is from the School of Business & Management, and the BA in English is from the School of Arts & Sciences.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon
(03-08-2018, 08:42 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You can't earn 2 degrees from 2 different "schools" within the college at the same time. So the BSBA is from the School of Business & Management, and the BA in English is from the School of Arts & Sciences.

Thank you for the explanation. I will just have to do them one at a time... I think I should probably do the English degree first since I need to use Shmoop courses for the UL English electives.
I’m currently 21 credits (all business classes) short to complete the BSBA, so thankfully I would only need to do one extra filler class to meet the 2nd degree’s 24 new credits requirement.
(03-09-2018, 06:11 PM)leeloodallas Wrote: Thank you for the explanation. I will just have to do them one at a time... I think I should probably do the English degree first since I need to use Shmoop courses for the UL English electives.
I’m currently 21 credits (all business classes) short to complete the BSBA, so thankfully I would only need to do one extra filler class to meet the 2nd degree’s 24 new credits requirement.

The capstone counts towards the 24 in case you didn't count that in your 21 credits.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Just curious, has there been any confirmation on how the residency waiver is being applied for a second degree? TESU told me (about a year ago) that to add on a second degree would require a second capstone, a second residency waiver, the graduation fee and cost of the additional coursework. The only exception was if the second degree was conferred at the same time as the first degree. That extra residency waiver fee really discouraged any thought of a second bachelors degree for me. I calculated that it would be more cost effective to put the money into a masters. I'm wondering if this info about the residency waiver has been tested, confirmed or changed?
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(03-09-2018, 08:26 PM)davewill Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 06:11 PM)leeloodallas Wrote: Thank you for the explanation. I will just have to do them one at a time... I think I should probably do the English degree first since I need to use Shmoop courses for the UL English electives.

The capstone counts towards the 24 in case you didn't count that in your 21 credits.

I was counting it, but I was only guessing.. so it's good to know for sure that it counts toward that requirement.
(03-08-2018, 08:42 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You can't earn 2 degrees from 2 different "schools" within the college at the same time. So the BSBA is from the School of Business & Management, and the BA in English is from the School of Arts & Sciences.

What about if they are from the same "school?" Such as 2 degrees in applied science and technology?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
After poking around the Undergraduate Catalog, I'm none the wiser on this, so I thought I'd pose the question here- when doing a double major for two BA programs
(in this case Math and CS), does the Liberal Arts capstone have to be completed for each major, or just once?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,000 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,671 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,129 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,666 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,744 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,362 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,606 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,394 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,871 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore