Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU study guide vs midterm
This question is posed to those of you who have taken the TESU Bus 421 midterm. How well did the study guide prepare you for the exam? How many question in the study guide were on the actual exam? Thanks!
(03-04-2020, 11:49 AM)zebra cow Wrote: This question is posed to those of you who have taken the TESU Bus 421 midterm. How well did the study guide prepare you for the exam? How many question in the study guide were on the actual exam? Thanks!

In my experience it was very much aligned.  Key is learning the lists, as they are often part of the essay questions. Things like "What are the seven XYZs?"

This was very helpful for the 2018 version - https://quizlet.com/class/6030432/
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(03-04-2020, 04:53 PM)allvia Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 11:49 AM)zebra cow Wrote: This question is posed to those of you who have taken the TESU Bus 421 midterm. How well did the study guide prepare you for the exam? How many question in the study guide were on the actual exam? Thanks!

In my experience it was very much aligned.  Key is learning the lists, as they are often part of the essay questions. Things like "What are the seven XYZs?"

This was very helpful for the 2018 version - https://quizlet.com/class/6030432/
The study guide my professor provided is this exact one. I pretty much have it memorized. Based on your experience should I deviate from it and study other material from the chapters as well or would that be a waste of time?
(03-04-2020, 07:41 PM)zebra cow Wrote: The study guide my professor provided is this exact one. I pretty much have it memorized. Based on your experience should I deviate from it and study other material from the chapters as well or would that be a waste of time?

The study guide covers all the topics that will appear in the midterm, though you can't just memorize the information, you really need to understand how the theories are applied.

You'll have 10 multiple choice questions worth 2 points each (which are worded in such a way to be somewhat ambiguous which means they can be confusing). You'll also have 4 essay questions worth 20 points each, so you'll want to focus on studying for the essay questions predominately. If you know the material well, you should have no issues with the essay questions. Just be sure you can explain the analysis strategies covered and be able to walk through how each can be implemented.

Be aware that the UI for the exam and the essay questions are terrible. I struggled with that since I didn't realize that I couldn't go back to review my answers later. My normal strategy is to answer each question with the first answer that pops into my head on my first pass and then go back later to revisit ones I've flagged as questionable once I've finished everything. That doesn't work here... once you hit submit, you're done.

The editor for the essays caused me some consternation and lost me some time. I ended up only having 5 minutes left when I was double-checking my work on the 4th essay. But I ended up with 100% on the essays, so it worked out in the end.

If you feel solid on the study guide material, you should be set. If you need more support, the Quizlet posted above (from posabsolute) is a good resource. I also posted an expanded version with page numbers and more details around analysis to help you with specific concepts. I also added a concepts and terms guide which is mostly helpful for the multiple-choice part of the exam.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Muldoon
(03-05-2020, 03:34 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 07:41 PM)zebra cow Wrote: The study guide my professor provided is this exact one. I pretty much have it memorized. Based on your experience should I deviate from it and study other material from the chapters as well or would that be a waste of time?

The study guide covers all the topics that will appear in the midterm, though you can't just memorize the information, you really need to understand how the theories are applied.

You'll have 10 multiple choice questions worth 2 points each (which are worded in such a way to be somewhat ambiguous which means they can be confusing). You'll also have 4 essay questions worth 20 points each, so you'll want to focus on studying for the essay questions predominately. If you know the material well, you should have no issues with the essay questions. Just be sure you can explain the analysis strategies covered and be able to walk through how each can be implemented.

Be aware that the UI for the exam and the essay questions are terrible. I struggled with that since I didn't realize that I couldn't go back to review my answers later. My normal strategy is to answer each question with the first answer that pops into my head on my first pass and then go back later to revisit ones I've flagged as questionable once I've finished everything. That doesn't work here... once you hit submit, you're done.

The editor for the essays caused me some consternation and lost me some time. I ended up only having 5 minutes left when I was double-checking my work on the 4th essay. But I ended up with 100% on the essays, so it worked out in the end.

If you feel solid on the study guide material, you should be set. If you need more support, the Quizlet posted above (from posabsolute) is a good resource. I also posted an expanded version with page numbers and more details around analysis to help you with specific concepts. I also added a concepts and terms guide which is mostly helpful for the multiple-choice part of the exam.
Thanks for the response. My midterm is the 16th and I already feel very comfortable with about 85% of the study guide. With the time I still have until the test I should be able to know all of the topics very well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,312 5 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 525 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 477 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 321 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az