Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU transfer SOPHIA partner schools mistake
Does TESU transfer in CS1001 Introduction to Information Technology - as CIS 107

I do not see it as a on of the 35 partner schools on Sophia.

I do see the other big 3 (excelsior and Charter oak)

Link: https://www.sophia.org/online-courses/in...chnology-2
you can check the link and the 35 partner schools

I do not see any official partnership.  Was this arrangement recent?
TESU hasn't been a partner school with Sohpia for over a year now. You used to be able to go to the Sophia site and see what transfered in where. But they stopped that for reasons unknown. It's why this page was created. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Have you had any problems transferring SOPHIA courses into TESU (in the past year).

I am afraid that there may be issues with transferring into SOPHIA courses into TESU (since it is not a partner school).
They transfer just fine. I just sent them Sophia credits.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

One of my kids just had this exact course transfer in just this week. It worked perfectly. (CS1001 Introduction to Information Technology - as CIS 107) I have 3 enrolled @ TESU.
As listed on that page, there are a handful of courses that TESU does not accept: College Readiness and the Foundation courses. Everything else has transferred in just fine. The newest course at the moment is intro to web dev and that's not on the list because we don't yet know where it goes. It should transfer, just as most everything else does.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Yes, TESU will accept Sophia.org courses as long as they remain ACE recommended for credit. The "partnership" might not be active, but ACE recommendation is. BTW, there may not be an articulation agreement because of that partnership, but their website even lists ALL the colleges that have accepted their transfers, TESU got dropped in that list now instead of being a Pathway Partner like they were last year... https://www.sophia.org/online-courses-fo...ege-credit
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Sorry to interject but can PHI-180 take the place of ETH-230 for a CS BA at TESU? I couldn't find that PHI-180 anywhere on TESU site
(04-11-2021, 02:51 PM)cizzie Wrote: Sorry to interject but can PHI-180 take the place of ETH-230 for a CS BA at TESU? I couldn't find that PHI-180 anywhere on TESU site

Yes. TESU only lists courses on their site that THEY actually do themselves. But they will bring in courses from other institutions as "course equivalents" - akin to "if we offered this class, it would be listed as this in the catalog". For the ethics gen ed requirement, almost any ethics course would do. I think that you could even use something like "ethics for healthcare professionals" in the CS degree.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • cizzie
(04-11-2021, 03:51 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 02:51 PM)cizzie Wrote: Sorry to interject but can PHI-180 take the place of ETH-230 for a CS BA at TESU? I couldn't find that PHI-180 anywhere on TESU site

Yes. TESU only lists courses on their site that THEY actually do themselves. But they will bring in courses from other institutions as "course equivalents" - akin to "if we offered this class, it would be listed as this in the catalog". For the ethics gen ed requirement, almost any ethics course would do. I think that you could even use something like "ethics for healthcare professionals" in the CS degree.
Thanks, man i really appreciate it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 520 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,291 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 374 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 208 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 304 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill