Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRACS - WOLBI - Word of Life Bible institute
Hi all, I have a question. A friend of mine is trying to transfer in 2 years worth of credits from WOLBI. Word of Life Bible Institute to TESU. TESU stated on the transcript that since the school is NOT regionally accredited that they will not be able to transfer the credits in. I checked the school website it is TRACS Accredited. I did research and that is a national accreditation not a regional one. On a pdf it stated that some Bible schools would accept the credit. So are TRACS credits not accepted by regionally accredited schools? What institutions accept TRACS accreditation? 

Thank you
WGU? APU? UoP?
TRACS is not recognized by the US Dept of Education -- Not even as a national accreditor (though the USDoE recently did away with their Regional/National distinction, it is likely individual institutions and states will still hold this distinction). WGU, APU, and UoP will not accept it. Likely no place will except other TRACS accredited schools.

https://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred...titutional
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(05-30-2020, 04:46 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: WGU? APU? UoP?
He is trying to transfer credits from WOLBI: Word of Life Institute to TESU - Thomas Edison State University.
"I did research and that is a national accreditation not a regional one. "
"What institutions accept TRACS accreditation? "
They ones I listed accept NA credits I think.
(05-30-2020, 05:02 PM)jsd Wrote: TRACS is not recognized by the US Dept of Education -- Not even as a national accreditor (though the USDoE recently did away with their Regional/National distinction, it is likely individual institutions and states will still hold this distinction). WGU, APU, and UoP will not accept it. Likely no place will except other TRACS accredited schools.

https://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred...titutional
I assume since WGU, APU and UoP will not accept it neither will TESU. That is a shame. That they are no longer nationally recognized.
Maybe it is still possible if it was NA at that time...?
(05-30-2020, 05:38 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Maybe it is still possible if it was NA at that time...?

Hmm.. It is possible. More than likely it was. These credits are from 2009-2011. Let's see if TESU will accept based on past NA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JWells247's post:
  • jsd
TESU has never accepted National Accreditation to my knowledge. They've always required RA (or ACE/NCCRS recs). Even if TRACS was at one time (or still was) considered NA by USDoE, TESU isn't interested.

The others listed, APU, WGU, UoP might accept it in that particular case. But it looks pretty dicey.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(05-30-2020, 05:49 PM)JWells247 Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 05:38 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Maybe it is still possible if it was NA at that time...?

Hmm.. It is possible. More than likely it was. These credits are from 2009-2011. Let's see if TESU will accept based on past NA.

Like most RA schools, TESU only accepts credits from other RA schools and will not accept NA credits at all.

There are a handful of RA schools that will accept NA credits (WGU and Excelsior come to mind) but they are in the minority. Typically these are schools that had once been NA schools and have since become RA schools.

If the source school was NA accredited at the time the credits were earned it should be possible to find a NA school that will consider those credits in transfer forwards their own degrees. If not, they are likely not transferable outside of their own accreditation system and your friend will need to start over earning credits.

Starting from scratch isn't that much of a handicap though. A degree can still be completed fairly quickly, depending on the destination school and degree plan. Plus, earning an RA degree is arguably better than an NA degree depending on the circumstances--if they plan to continue on to a graduate degree, for example.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You've been reading wrong all your life. How to read 1000 pages a day. LevelUP 2 196 04-17-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Worldwide Education Services (WES) Shelf life? nyrsimon 3 245 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 789 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 360 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Christian Leaders Institute… Vle045 17 4,001 09-30-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Travis_CVUgrad
  Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself elcastor21 6 609 09-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 832 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  From life in prison to law school - Full Ride Scholarship bjcheung77 0 406 09-20-2022, 12:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Woman Serving Life in Prison Admitted to Law School bluebooger 11 1,558 09-01-2022, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Abandoned Hymns Bring New Life to Our Christian Worship Music from Olivet University jacobmark 0 415 08-26-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: jacobmark