Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking Math Courses at TESU
Hello everyone,

I'm currently planning my coursework with TESU and there are 4 math courses I need to take. Unfortunately, taking them all in one semester isn't really an option for me right now due to various personal and professional commitments. However, I'm keen to start and wish to enroll in at least one of them soon. The courses are:

MAT-3010 History of Math
MAT-3510 Mathematical Modeling
MAT-3610 College Geometry
MAT-4010 Mathematical Logic

Given my situation, which includes other commitments (though nothing too demanding), I'm looking for the course that is relatively 'easier' or requires a less intensive commitment compared to the others. Your insights, experiences, or any advice regarding these courses would be incredibly valuable.

Additionally, IF my circumstances were to change and it became possible to take all four courses in one semester, do you think it would be manageable? What kind of weekly hour commitment would I be looking at for such a load?

I'm seeking your advice or personal experiences regarding these courses, their workload, content difficulty, etc. Any recommendations on managing such a semester would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Your previous thread and post with spreadsheet, I see you're going the BA CS/Math double major that I recommended.  I would do things a little differently, instead of taking 4 Math classes, take the top two as there are no exams/finals, it's all assignments/projects.  To max the flat rate fee for residency, you can take the two classes above, and take 3 computer science classes instead, the two you have in the spreadsheet, plus Software Engineering, skipping Oregon State classes altogether.  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid412173

My suggestion is to replace the last two Math classes above with Statistics from Coursera & EDX, and take a second term for the capstone by itself.  If you want a second degree, you can do the BSBA with an AOS or two, and have the two capstones done on the second term to get two degrees instead of one.  You need to firstly complete all the remaining transfer credits to both or the BA CS/Math, then work on your TESU classes last.  Here are the links that show the Coursera and EDX equivalencies, plus recommended classes.

TESU WIKI with recommended classes, Software Engineering: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...University
Coursera WIKI with SAS equivalencies STA-399: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
EDX LSE to TESU STA-3210 Link: https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/edx-credit
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • legenwait4itdary, lucillegyl, MrPanda
Thank you so much for the great suggestion (as always). I really appreciate it. I might have a question or 2 in the future regarding this but I really appreciate you help and support.
You have to be careful with math courses since they can take a lot of time for most people.

You could get the books ahead of time and learn all the concepts before you start the course.

I wouldn't suggest taking four courses in one semester.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
My Math is pretty decent but I don't plan to take them all in one semester anyways.
The first two classes are more like assignments/writing in regards to Math and the people who contributed to some type of math, there are no calculations or formulations you have to remember. The last two classes require some calculations and have midterm exams/finals, I suggest taking only the first two and transferring STA classes in as per my post above... Take a flat rate for 'easy' classes, and then finish off the degree with another term for the capstone(s), since you mentioned you're flexible in terms of budget, this would still be cheaper than taking classes elsewhere and paying the residency waiver fee.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • legenwait4itdary, MrPanda

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 27 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 737 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 208 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,607 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 635 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 565 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 286 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,333 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 420 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM