Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking Out My Anger on Saylor BUS210 Corporate Communication
Angry
I have been really struggling with this course. Out of 48 credits completed so far with online courses, this is the only one I have failed so far - and I have failed it TWICE!

And on top of that - after studying my butt off for the retake and using nearly the whole 2 hours to go over every question, I got a 56%! I was devastated. (First time I got a 65%). I found the questions to be very vague and not very representative of the course material. (Just like a couple of older posts had said-go figure... Rolleyes ) The majority of the questions seemed either subjective or - in most cases - had multiple answers that seemed to satisfy the criteria of the question. In some cases and with some practice questions, the question doesn't seem to make any sense. (Yes, I did read the whole textbook, painfully.)

I don’t want to fail the 3rd time and be forever banned from passing this course. Does anybody have some suggestions on finding resources to study for this final, as I can’t seem to find a lot of this information in the course material. Also on the test review I cannot see which answer was correct on the ones I got wrong, so I am just searching each question the best I can and using the process of elimination.

[Also, another question that may help others out too: Is TESU still accepting this course and Davar's Managerial Communications as the same UL credit equivalent? ie Can you still take this/Davar course for AoS UL credit and the SDC or SL course for the Managerial Comm requirement? (I noticed both Saylor and Davar's credit says Lower Level now, so I assumed they got demoted since the old forum posts...)

THANKS!!!!!!
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt  sh: 120 (Complete)
Saylor (9): Env Eth, Mor & Pol Phil, Corp Com
OnlineDegree (18): Int Ast, Mod His, Int Psych, Microecon, Mark, Bio
Sophia (6 3): Con Res (1), Teams (1), SS (1), Gr Phil
CLEP (15): Int Soc, Mgmt, Comp (6), Gov't
CSM Learn (3): CSM
Institutes (2): Ethics (2)
TEEX (10 5): CYB101, CYB201, CYB301
Study.com (61 58): W Civ I, W Civ II, Rel 101, Pres Skills, Int Bus, Glob & Int Mgmt, Macroecon, Int to Computers, Fin Acct, Man Acct, Bus Law, Int E-Com, Col Alg, Precalc Alg (4), Int Ent, Princ Fin, SB Fin, SB Mgmt, Dig Mark, W Art His I, Fin Mgmt
TESU (9): SOS-110, Intro to Islam, Capstone
I understand and feel what you are saying. I completed the course, and the exam is indeed very ambiguously worded. I only managed to score 77 after days of studying. I brought it up with Saylor; I sent them a list of questions I thought were quite subjective. Somehow, they feel it is alright, and did not Re-evaluate my ‘wrong’ answers and give me extra points. My suggestion is that you too write to Saylor. Let them know that one of your ‘friends’ has also written to them in the past, citing the same problems. Let them know this is not fine.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • Dan A Million
(07-04-2019, 01:28 AM)Supermind Wrote: I understand and feel what you are saying. I completed the course, and the exam is indeed very ambiguously worded. I only managed to score 77 after days of studying. I brought it up with Saylor; I sent them a list of questions I thought were quite subjective. Somehow, they feel it is alright, and did not Re-evaluate my ‘wrong’ answers and give me extra points. My suggestion is that you too write to Saylor. Let them know that one of your ‘friends’ has also written to them in the past, citing the same problems. Let them know this is not fine.

Thanks for the reply. I did post something on their discussion forum, but I will plan on sending them a message directly. I have only taken 2 of their other exams so far, but I didn't find them to be a problem at all. In fact in all of the exams I have taken so far, this is the only one that has stood out in this regard.
Study.com (61 58): W Civ I, W Civ II, Rel 101, Pres Skills, Int Bus, Glob & Int Mgmt, Macroecon, Int to Computers, Fin Acct, Man Acct, Bus Law, Int E-Com, Col Alg, Precalc Alg (4), Int Ent, Princ Fin, SB Fin, SB Mgmt, Dig Mark, W Art His I, Fin Mgmt
Yes. What you say is true. Something is not ok with this exam in particular. The other exam I had problems with, was ‘Principles of Human Communication.’ But they admitted to the mistakes I pointed out, and raised my points from 85 to 90.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • Dan A Million
This course is not ACE recommended as UL (never has been), and my guess is TESU will bring it in as LL. They realigned to be closer to ACE a while ago (maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years ago).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Dan A Million
(07-04-2019, 02:17 AM)dfrecore Wrote: This course is not ACE recommended as UL (never has been), and my guess is TESU will bring it in as LL.  They realigned to be closer to ACE a while ago (maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years ago).

Ah. Gotcha. Guess I will find out if I pass the exam. Do you happen to know about Davar Managerial Communication?

This was one of the places I read this (just about 2 years ago so they must have changed it since then): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid241357
This is a CORE course for the BSBA - it does not need to be UL, LL is fine. There is no benefit to it being UL credit.  All your UL courses need to be in your AOS, not in the CORE
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Dan A Million
(07-04-2019, 07:16 AM)allvia Wrote: This is a CORE course for the BSBA - it does not need to be UL, LL is fine. There is no benefit to it being UL credit.  All your UL courses need to be in your AOS, not in the CORE

I understand, however I was under the impression from previous threads like the one I linked in the post above that the course could fulfill a UL AoS requirement, and the core requirement could be satisfied by the SDC or SL course, killing 2 birds with one stone so to speak.
Hey, Dan A Million... I would do both requirements at Study.com and here are the corresponding courses.
For Business Core requirement: Study.com BUS-113 > TESU COM-202 Intro to Business Communications
For AOS requirement: Study.com BUS-324 > TESU MAN-373 Managerial Communications

If you take a couple courses/month, it'll be $200/2 courses a month, but if you take more, it's an extra $70/exam
I would take 2 more courses - first two $200/month, finish these two communications courses at $70 each
Total cost would be $340 for 12 credits (4 courses). Pick your other two and get all 4 done in 1 month...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Dan A Million
(07-04-2019, 12:33 PM)Dan A Million Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 07:16 AM)allvia Wrote: This is a CORE course for the BSBA - it does not need to be UL, LL is fine. There is no benefit to it being UL credit.  All your UL courses need to be in your AOS, not in the CORE

I understand, however I was under the impression from previous threads like the one I linked in the post above that the course could fulfill a UL AoS requirement, and the core requirement could be satisfied by the SDC or SL course, killing 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

It doesn't matter if it is called Business or Managerial Communications it is still just a required CORE course, not AOS - https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/general-management.  It is a communications course, not a management course (which is the AOS area that I'm assuming you're thinking it could apply towards).

If you've taken it twice with Saylor you've already lost $50 - I'd recommend that you move on to another provider. There are a few options for that BSBA CORE requirement at TESU (I don't have the most current options, or I'd share them with you - I'm sure others here do have that information). I took it through Study.com (Business 113: Business Communication).  Also, I don't have personal experience with DAVAR, but I believe that DAVAR now charges for their prep/exam materials - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...onger-free
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Dan A Million

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 303 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,519 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Taking 23 classes at Sophia in one month, is that possible? elcastor21 13 2,020 08-31-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 532 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,263 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 841 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,150 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 741 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,365 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,383 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso