Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking classes while waiting for degree conferment
(03-04-2019, 01:07 PM)cookderosa Wrote: RE ACE - I'm pretty sure you can procrastinate submitting and naming your completion day.  To what extent, I'm not sure- but this happened to one of my boys a few years back.  When I audited /consolidated transcripts I found that there was one I missed getting sent to ACE and marked it the day I submitted. Went through fine.  Might be a coincidence, they might not check, might be specific to SL, who knows.  But, I'm letting you know it's something you might be able to try.

On your ACE transcript, it says "Date Completed", not "date added to ACE."

When you finish a course, and then add it to ACE, ACE asks when you finished the course.  Then, they go back to the course provider, who checks the date as well (it's how it's matched up).  I tried to add an ACE course once, I finished one day at 11pm, used that date, the course provider rejected it because I used the wrong date (apparently we were in different time zones).  So I resubmitted for credit using the "correct" date and it worked.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-04-2019, 01:09 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: You also could do Study.com classes that require assignments and not submit the assignment until after your degree is conferred.

I have looked into it and at $199 per month I would rather not rack that up until I'm closer to June 7th. However, StraighterLine is $99 and I have already paid for a few courses I have idle there so I'm considering reactivating my monthly account and can take the final proctored exam this summer. There is not much I can do there but there is a couple of business courses I may knock out by end of June.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(03-04-2019, 01:09 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: You also could do Study.com classes that require assignments and not submit the assignment until after your degree is conferred.

This may not work. My son took a class at Study.com and took the final exam while his account was active. Months later he submitted the assignments. I added the course to ACE using the assignment completion date and had no problem getting approval for ACE. However, when the Study.com transcript was sent to TESU I noticed the course completion date on their transcript was the date of his final exam.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes mudball's post:
  • cookderosa
(03-04-2019, 02:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 01:07 PM)cookderosa Wrote: RE ACE - I'm pretty sure you can procrastinate submitting and naming your completion day.  To what extent, I'm not sure- but this happened to one of my boys a few years back.  When I audited /consolidated transcripts I found that there was one I missed getting sent to ACE and marked it the day I submitted. Went through fine.  Might be a coincidence, they might not check, might be specific to SL, who knows.  But, I'm letting you know it's something you might be able to try.

On your ACE transcript, it says "Date Completed", not "date added to ACE."

When you finish a course, and then add it to ACE, ACE asks when you finished the course.  Then, they go back to the course provider, who checks the date as well (it's how it's matched up).  I tried to add an ACE course once, I finished one day at 11pm, used that date, the course provider rejected it because I used the wrong date (apparently we were in different time zones).  So I resubmitted for credit using the "correct" date and it worked.

I totally hear ya. It could be that SL doesn't check closely or that we just got lucky. But whatever date he would have completed it would have been a guess for me. I'm sure I was off by a few months at least. I'm just saying it slid through for us on the one occasion. YMMV Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 510 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 450 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 471 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 370 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 359 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 333 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 291 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 650 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 614 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,993 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1