Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telephone Communication
I have searched every corner of the internet, or so it seems, looking for this information and I just can't seem to find reliable information. I'm looking for hard numbers on how communication over the phone is different than face to face communication in relation to the below quote.

Quote:7% of the message is transferred and understood by the actual words used, 38% is transferred as a result of the way the words are spoken and a massive 55% by body language

I'm finding numbers listed in some articles and power points on slide share, but they are not sourced and the numbers are so dramatically different that I'm not sure what is reliable and what's not.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find this information, or good search terms to use?
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
Did you see this

The 'Mehrabian formula' (7%/38%/55%)

I got it from here
albert mehrabian communications research - percentages of meaning conveyed in verbal and non-verbal communications
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69