Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Out of an MBA
(10-01-2018, 07:18 AM)allvia Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 09:46 PM)sanantone Wrote: https://www.hw.ac.uk/study/online/postgr...ration.htm

Yes, the Heriot-Watt MBA is the only true "test out" MBA program I know of, and it has one of the best reputations world wide.  I looked into this one back now almost 30 years - it was $750 USD each exam then (I should have done it - my company at the time would have paid for it, and it didn't require a bachelor degree prior; something not normal in the US)  it is now about $1500 USD each. They are known for being tough exams to pass.  They offer MSc in Financial Management or MSc in Marketing as well as the MBAs. Here is the page the school set up for the distance/international students: https://www.ebsglobal.net

I looked at these guys fairly recently and it looks like the MBA courses are £1000 ($1,300), but the exams themselves are only £160 ($210). I don't know if you can take the exams on their own without the course materials, but it looks like you can. If you can't, then yes it is $1500 for each course. They also appear to allow some exemptions to courses or requirements depending on prior coursework and experience.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • eriehiker, GoodYellowDogs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing out? masrat858 11 2,701 06-27-2017, 06:21 PM
Last Post: SolarKat
  Masters Program after testing out of the majority of undergrad courses (LSUS?) Decius73 2 1,298 12-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Prloko