Testing Suspended???
I've taken ECEs all yea at a military base, see schd below. ICS
cheersmate
2012 - Executive Certificate, University of Notre Dame
2010 - Master of Business Administration, TUI University
2008 - Bachelor of Science, Excelsior College
2002 - Airframe & Powerplant License, Federal Aviation Administration
1998 - Associates Degree, Community College of the Air Force

Acquired 306 total credits: CCAF - 93, Exams - 66, ACE - 67, Other - 80:patriot:
Testing at the Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base, Virginia has been suspended as their Testing Officer left the area for another job. They are trying to get another one, but until further notice, Little Creek Testing has been suspended. Langley AFB, Dam Neck Naval Annex, and Norfolk Naval Operating Base are still up and running.
navy times just put out a article,
"Academic testing at Navy College offices worldwide has been halted because of what is being called an “inventory discrepancy.”

“The discrepancy was discovered during a standard monthly inventory process in February,” said Sharon Anderson, a spokeswoman for the Navy’s chief of personnel in Arlington, Va. “As a result, all paper testing across the Navy has been suspended ... until the discrepancy has been resolved.”

The suspension, called for by officials from the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Services, known in the military as DANTES, affects all college-level entrance and equivalency tests given at Navy College offices. Any tests scheduled to be given onboard ships are also suspended until further notice. It does not impact any computer-based testing programs, which still will be available at Navy College offices.

How long the suspension will last has not been determined, Anderson said. She said she could not comment further on the nature of the discrepancy due to an ongoing investigation.

Suspended paper-based tests include:

* General Educational Development (GED).

* American College Test (ACT) placement exam.

* SAT Reasoning Test.

* DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST).

* College-Level Examination Program (CLEP).

* Excelsior College Examination (ECE).

* Law School Admission Test (LSAT).

* PRAXIS Pre-Professional Skills Tests.

* Graduate Record Subject Exam (GRE).

This suspension applies only to the Navy. Sailors with access to other services’ education centers can still schedule and take paper tests at those locations.

For information on which tests are offered via computer at Navy locations, call (877) 253-7122."

Navy College testing program shut down - Navy News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Navy Times

I went to norfolk base today and they confirmed the fact the computer based testing is still good to go.
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
Thanks BigJim, we're still waiting for official word over here.

Now maybe, just maybe, this will actually convince EC to allow computer based testing here? I mean, we have already have two testing centers here (Pearson and Prometric) which are able to give DANTES/CLEP/IT Cert tests, but for some reason EC has been holding firm on no ECE's.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
I am in Naples Italy. Does any one know where the closest place we can continue to take these exams at i am in the navy but i guess this is to the other branches of miltary in the area. I need to keep taking test ..and all our paper exams are suspended.
Try asking your ESO about computer-based testing. He should direct you to the nearest center (if possible) and how to get there. If that doesn't work, try taking some leave in the states and take the exams.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daemen & Total Testing Alpha 6 904 02-16-2022, 11:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Testing Question tls7291 5 1,079 07-10-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,241 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Tenure is suspended Alpha 4 1,012 01-26-2021, 12:23 PM
Last Post: tallpilot
  Online Testing Options during COVID19 closures vetvso 5 1,249 04-19-2020, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Denied Acceptance for Master's Programs with Testing Out degree? JWells247 6 2,144 12-27-2019, 11:47 PM
Last Post: JWells247
  Finding testing locations for clep res0uuga 6 1,429 02-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  GRE Testing (old-school-style) cookderosa 4 1,471 12-17-2018, 09:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  TESU :: Psychology Testing Resource Guidance HAYDENTREE77 13 3,436 01-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: HAYDENTREE77
  3-Month Testing Window? Jos18 2 1,361 08-16-2017, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jos18