Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Textbook Prices
I just signed up for a summer school anatomy class and the textbook was $150! I almost passed out. I haven't bought a textbook in awhile so I was shocked. Anyone know of any cheap internet sites that they have had luck with? I'm not against buying used if its in good condition.
Nodean Wrote:I just signed up for a summer school anatomy class and the textbook was $150! I almost passed out. I haven't bought a textbook in awhile so I was shocked. Anyone know of any cheap internet sites that they have had luck with? I'm not against buying used if its in good condition.
Try cheapestbookprice.com or addall.com, which are sort of online bookstore search engines to find the best price for a particular book. The best search method is by typing in the ISBN number to get the specific edition you need. Personally, I usually find the best prices at half.com and amazon.com; sometimes I search eBay, but shipping prices are usually higher than the other two.
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Nodean Wrote:I just signed up for a summer school anatomy class and the textbook was $150! I almost passed out. I haven't bought a textbook in awhile so I was shocked. Anyone know of any cheap internet sites that they have had luck with? I'm not against buying used if its in good condition.

I like:
http://www.campusi.com/

A google search with any book title will give you multiple references.
Check Amazon's used book stores, half.com and the Harper Collins College Outline Series has been an inexpensive dependable way to supplement Instacert. I also like Idiots and Dummies books.

I have two kids in college and they buy all their books used on-line.
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math textbook author made $26 million cardiacclep 10 1,064 02-23-2023, 05:09 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Gas Prices Now at $5 a Gallon Average, $6.40 in California LevelUP 15 1,650 07-30-2022, 03:03 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Gas Prices Hit Record High Averaging Over $5 a Gallon in California LevelUP 8 935 03-07-2022, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Blkqueen8
  IT Textbook Source Needed marianne202 9 1,961 08-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Last Post: scorched
  Venting - Textbook costs Namivie 14 2,380 01-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Last Post: rubbersoul