Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank You, Study.Com!!!
My son took the last final exam of his Guardian Scholarship period this afternoon. He was able to fit 5 courses/exams into the 3 month period, and I am just thrilled about it. We had been on the fence about whether Study.com was right for him, but as it so happened, changes were made during his membership which addressed our concerns - most importantly, the final exam score being viewable upon completing the exam. Papers were graded quickly and fairly, and he felt the finals, for the most part, reflected the coursework well. He is taking a much-deserved 4 week break from school, and then I'll be signing him back up to complete a few more courses on Study.com. I'm hoping Employment Law will be available soon as well so he can take that one too. I appreciated your format so much that I signed my younger son up for the 12 month regular membership without college credit courses - and next year he'll be upgrading so he can earn college credit as well. You have definitely earned a loyal family of customers!
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Congrats to your son! That's a great accomplishment for him.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Did he take Labor Relations? That is a good intro to employment law, there will be some overlap there. It's UL at Study.com. There is an Employment Law course through CSU-Global CBE, and PF has Employee Benefits, Compensation Management, and Training Concepts as well (and all UL). More expensive than Study.com obviously, but I wouldn't necessarily wait for them to offer the courses that you want, since there's nothing that says they will (at least, not that I've heard).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Did he take Labor Relations? That is a good intro to employment law, there will be some overlap there. It's UL at Study.com. There is an Employment Law course through CSU-Global CBE, and PF has Employee Benefits, Compensation Management, and Training Concepts as well (and all UL). More expensive than Study.com obviously, but I wouldn't necessarily wait for them to offer the courses that you want, since there's nothing that says they will (at least, not that I've heard).

I need to find out if CSU Global's CBEs are transferable to WGU. A rep from Study.com stated they have been working on an employment law course with ACE approval, which is why I said what I did.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:I need to find out if CSU Global's CBEs are transferable to WGU. A rep from Study.com stated they have been working on an employment law course with ACE approval, which is why I said what I did.

Ah...well, that makes sense then. I guess if he still has other courses to take, then it makes sense to wait and see what Study.com comes out with.

But, if you could check on the CSU-Global CBE's acceptance at WGU, that would be great to know for the rest of us.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,308 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,475 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,646 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 551 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 278 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 681 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM