Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you
Congratulations, learflyer!

Please check your Private Message when you get a chance.
(04-29-2020, 09:04 AM)eriehiker Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 06:15 AM)learflyer Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 02:52 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Congrats! Good job!  Hey, it's great to chill for a while after getting the degree, there is absolutely no rush in getting more education ..... yet!
Thanks!  I’m already deep into my career so I’m going to stop at the BS degree. Smile

You are the sanest person on the board.  The rest of us just can't help ourselves.

100% agree with this.
LOL, yeah, some people don't know it, but they'll sooner or later want to get back into learning something or another...
You're going to get a few PM's as you are one of a few Excelsior grads on the board. <grin>
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-01-2020, 12:43 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, yeah, some people don't know it, but they'll sooner or later want to get back into learning something or another...
You're going to get a few PM's as you are one of a few Excelsior grads on the board. <grin>

I've already received a few PM's.  Why the low number of EC grads?  Is it sort of Thomas Edison dominant now?  I remember when I began it was EC heavy.
(05-01-2020, 07:30 AM)learflyer Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 12:43 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, yeah, some people don't know it, but they'll sooner or later want to get back into learning something or another...

I've already received a few PM's.  Why the low number of EC grads?  Is it sort of Thomas Edison dominant now?  I remember when I began it was EC heavy.

I think a combination. The lack of clear transfer equivalency information, or even degree requirement information. The public vs private. The lack of programmatic accreditation. What comes next is just much less information here and less people going there to provide with updated information.
Hope you can answer questions on EC as it would be valuable!
TESU has way more degrees than COSC or Excelsior. Charter Oak accepts more credits (from what I've seen).

When trying to figure out who to choose, TESU's website feels the most professional. Charter Oak is quaint, like they barely know what the internet is. Excelsior, to me, feels like a diploma mill. I'm not saying it is. I know it's a legit option. But the way the degree requirements are laid out feels a bit sketchy to me.

I'm in no way saying that Excelsior is bad or that you should feel bad for choosing that option. Excelsior does look like a good choice for some degrees.
Great job!! I am going for the same degree! I will be transferring in almost all my credits and hope to be ready for the capstone next summer if I work hard (I also work, homeschool 4 kids, help run a ministry etc.). Can you give feedback on the 3 classes you have to take at the school?
Me: Earned BSLA at Excelsior November 2021!

My son Tor (15 yrs): 
CLEPS passed: US Hist 1, A&I Lit, College Composition, Intro to Sociology, US Hist 2, Western Civ 1
College Courses taken: Astronomy, Intro to Programming, Latin 1,  Federal GOVT
ACE passed via Sophia: Human Biology, College Algebra, Intro to Statistics, Religion, Visual Communications, Intro to Relational Databases, Intro to Business, 
Currently Working on: Calc 1, TX GOVT