Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Institutes Ethics - 2 courses?
Confused. There are 2 courses available. Which one is the course you need to take to get 3 credits? I took Ethical Decision Making in Risk and Insurance exam and passed it. (Took Cyber ethics and have a real estate license) 

Do I have to take the other course too, Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs to get the ACE credit as the ACE course says Ethics and CPCU Code for Professional Conduct? 

I submitted for the ACE credit anyway with just the one course, but was wondering what everyone else's experience has been with the 2 available Ethics courses they have and getting ACE credit.
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
The course is 312N-H Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct - Make sure to chose the free option, not the $5 CEU (Continuing Education Units). Do not take the 311 course as that's not for credit, many people have taken it just for fun but skip it since you don't need it.

Actually, follow this link to the WIKI, it's got all the free/inexpensive courses, take the Ethics recommended, there are other course providers that are recommended such as Onlinedegree.com and Saylor.org, skip the FEMA - Link here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
312N-H Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (FREE)

https://www.theinstitutes.org/guide/ethi...ines-cpcus
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Yup. I ended up here: https://www.theinstitutes.org/guide/onli...urses-free and took the chose the first course on the list, Ethical Decision Making in Risk and Insurance. Well didn't actually take the course, I just took the exam to see what I recalled from other ethics courses and passed.

Thanks for the confirmations all! I will get going on the right course. Although from first glance the coursework looks pretty similar. I will study a bit and then take the exam this time to get a better grade. I got a 72% cold, but, I am a RN with a real estate license so a lot of the ethical concepts are familiar.

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
(03-11-2020, 02:48 PM)allvia Wrote: 312N-H Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (FREE)

I completed 311 just to have a feel of the topic and finished quiz with a 68.6 but since it didn't transfer I didn't care, (edited) I was able to purchase 312N, (my computer was lagging)
 TESU already listed it as PHI-288 on my planned courses.
(03-12-2020, 11:23 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 02:48 PM)allvia Wrote: 312N-H Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (FREE)

I completed 311 just to have a feel of the topic and finished quiz with a 68.6 but since it didn't transfer I didn't care, (edited) I was able to purchase 312N, (my computer was lagging)

This study guide is really good from their website. https://learning.theinstitutes.org/plugi...Map_RN.pdf

I think I completed 311 (Ethical Decision Making in Risk and Insurance) by mistake initially as well but it was a good study guide so to speak. Many of the same questions . My ACE request was rejected for that course. The study guide is helpful and helped me pass 312N-H just now with a with a 76%. Not stellar, but passing. It isn't easy material. but the ethics foundations are very familiar to other professional ethical organization standards.

Wait, did you pay for it? You are supposed to take the free course

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
(03-12-2020, 04:38 PM)cwendy111 Wrote:

This study guide is really good from their website. https://learning.theinstitutes.org/plugi...Map_RN.pdf

I think I completed 311 (Ethical Decision Making in Risk and Insurance) by mistake initially as well but it was a good study guide so to speak. Many of the same questions . My ACE request was rejected for that course. The study guide is helpful and helped me pass 312N-H just now with a with a 76%. Not stellar, but passing. It isn't easy material. but the ethics foundations are very familiar to other professional ethical organization standards.

No, it was free. I misspoke. Since in a sense it is still a transaction as you put course in cart. I passed the test with a score of 82% and transferred it through ACE. Found the course rather easy. And exam can be retaken multiple times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lacedonia4's post:
  • cwendy111
(03-14-2020, 07:20 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:

No, it was free. I misspoke. Since in a sense it is still a transaction as you put course in cart. I passed the test with a score of 82% and transferred it through ACE. Found the course rather easy. And exam can be retaken multiple times.
Yeah, the transaction part was confusing along with there being 2 courses there. But Congrats on passing. I took my pass at 76% and left. I don't think the score transfers over. Does it?

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
(03-14-2020, 09:18 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 07:20 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:

Yeah, the transaction part was confusing along with there being 2 courses there. But Congrats on passing. I took my pass at 76% and left. I don't think the score transfers over. Does it?

Is the exam proctored?
Nope, no proctoring, all the FREE credit courses in the Wiki are non-proctored. The ones require proctoring has a fee to them for onlinedegree.com and saylor.org - CLEP is currently free because of ModernStates.org vouchers.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,399 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat