Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The importance of taking breaks
Funny you mentioned that, because I am! Got accepted into NAU for the MCIT in Information Security since $3k for 6 months is great, even if I take up two terms. I'll likely postpone til August/September, but don't think I'll wait too long before continuing. Free time is great and all, but work and hobbies haven't been keeping me too challenged... but I'll gladly enjoy this summer since I didn't have the chance to do so last year!

I plan on going for an MS in Computer Science with an emphasis on Computing Systems from Georgia Tech afterwards, it was my original goal even before the Bachelor's. Originally wanted to go the Machine Learning route, but Computing Systems seems more applicable to my career goals now. I've also been applying to deferred MBA programs, because I had no idea applications were extended til June until a few days ago. Hopefully my intrinsic motivation will be able to take me that far, we'll see!

It's a much different feeling when I'm pushing myself to accomplish these goals, that's for sure. Of course, none of this is certain but I'm moving forward with a lot more confidence than when I first began this journey Smile
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
[-] The following 1 user Likes amaquiling's post:
  • ss20ts
(05-20-2020, 03:06 PM)amaquiling Wrote: Funny you mentioned that, because I am! Got accepted into NAU for the MCIT in Information Security since $3k for 6 months is great, even if I take up two terms. I'll likely postpone til August/September, but don't think I'll wait too long before continuing. Free time is great and all, but work and hobbies haven't been keeping me too challenged... but I'll gladly enjoy this summer since I didn't have the chance to do so last year!

I plan on going for an MS in Computer Science with an emphasis on Computing Systems from Georgia Tech afterwards, it was my original goal even before the Bachelor's. Originally wanted to go the Machine Learning route, but Computing Systems seems more applicable to my career goals now. I've also been applying to deferred MBA programs, because I had no idea applications were extended til June until a few days ago. Hopefully my intrinsic motivation will be able to take me that far, we'll see!

It's a much different feeling when I'm pushing myself to accomplish these goals, that's for sure. Of course, none of this is certain but I'm moving forward with a lot more confidence than when I first began this journey Smile

It's kind of amazing the confidence you get out of completing a course and a degree, isn't it? I get a boost just being accepted into a program. 

I was poking around on here earlier today and stumbled across FSHU. Not sure if you've looked at them, but they have several master's programs including a variety of MBA's and MPS's including IT. They're also significantly less costly than many other programs. They have some certificates as well. Might find something that interests you for now.

Grad programs:

https://www.fhsu.edu/online/degrees/graduate/index

Certificate prgrams:

https://www.fhsu.edu/online/degrees/certificate/index
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • amaquiling, ROYISAGIRL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you taking courses more for personal development than career development? StoicJ 11 2,455 06-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Taking my 13 year old to Europe to encourage travel and learning...suggestions? soliloquy 10 7,866 01-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Taking InstantCert to the Big Time sgloer 88 15,296 04-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Elinor