Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TheInstitutes.org
I have applied to TESU and am awaiting my evaluation based on actual college courses completed.  I also have some insurance courses (AAI and CPCU) completed at The Institutes:  

1) I think I have read that some have successfully transferred the ETHICS course to TESU, can I get confirmation on that? 

2) I had my other two transcripts sent directly TESU.  With The Institutes, do you suggest that I first transfer to ACE, or does anyone have advice on that process?  

3) Piggybacking on #2, is there a reason to transfer StraighterLine and Study.com courses to ACE first, or again just have them sent directly to TESU?  

If it matters, I have about 90 credits completed and am going for the BSBA-Finance.  So the ethics would be for "business ethics" requirement, and I would be perhaps hoping for an insurance courses or two to count toward finance as opposed to electives.  

Thank you everyone - this forum is awesome!
Yep its 2 credits fornethics

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

*ethics

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

The Ethics course has to go to ACE first, there is no other way to get the credits to TESU.

It is 2cr, and a PHI- course, so it cannot count in the AOS (both because a 2cr course won't do you much good there, but also because it's not a FIN course and therefore can't go there).

You should always put ACE courses on your ACE transcript, so that in the future, they are there. If a course provider were to go out of business at some point, you would have the courses on your ACE transcript, which is important.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks.  Think I'll have luck with Institutes courses counting in the AoS of Finance?  I've submitted a few... that would be cool.  Insurance seems like finance to me... I guess we'll see!
(01-03-2019, 01:31 PM)nwraivo Wrote: Thanks.  Think I'll have luck with Institutes courses counting in the AoS of Finance?  I've submitted a few... that would be cool.  Insurance seems like finance to me... I guess we'll see!

I can see why you're making the connection between the Institutes class and finance, but TESU actually transfers it in as a Philosophy class (Ethics and the Business Professional), so it won't work for the Finance AoS. But with it being only 2 credits, it doesn't do you much good in the area of study anyway unless you can find a 1-credit Finance course (which none of us here are aware of). It will, however, count for your Ethics requirement in the General Ed section (where it is probably the most popular option among folks here), though you will have to "make up" the 1-credit shortage with an extra gen ed elective credit (which is easy to obtain through Sophia's free Essentials of Managing Conflict course, which is extremely quick).
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Yup got it.  Thanks again

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU ethics - free course with TheInstitutes? studyingfortests 2 654 07-19-2021, 08:17 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TheInstitutes 312N is no longer valid... jonahh 13 1,998 02-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Last Post: jsd