Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thompson Rivers U - Undergrad Upper Level Courses
Athabasca University is in Alberta Canada and they are Regionally Accredited, they're one of 4 schools in Canada that have gotten Regional Accreditation.  The other three are Capilano, Simon Fraser, and Thompson Rivers University, all 3 are in the province of BC...

Anyways, Thompson Rivers have UL courses going at $389.11/credit CDN which is $277.85/credit USD.  At this exchange rate, the courses will be comparable to one of the cheaper state universities for upper-level credit such as Fort Hays or Lamar.  The tuition webpage is here: https://www.tru.ca/distance/services/tuition.html

The only use for this is, if there are undergraduate courses that can't be found elsewhere, such as UL Biology courses or whatever, this may be an alternative option...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-18-2020, 03:26 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Athabasca University is in Alberta Canada and they are Regionally Accredited, they're one of 4 schools in Canada that have gotten Regional Accreditation.  The other three are Capilano, Simon Fraser, and Thompson Rivers University, all 3 are in the province of BC...

Anyways, Thompson Rivers have UL courses going at $389.11/credit CDN which is $277.85/credit USD.  At this exchange rate, the courses will be comparable to one of the cheaper state universities for upper-level credit such as Fort Hays or Lamar.  The tuition webpage is here: https://www.tru.ca/distance/services/tuition.html

The only use for this is, if there are undergraduate courses that can't be found elsewhere, such as UL Biology courses or whatever, this may be an alternative option...
The 30weeks time through me for a loop lol, but I'm curious enough to try one.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(04-18-2020, 03:26 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Athabasca University is in Alberta Canada and they are Regionally Accredited, they're one of 4 schools in Canada that have gotten Regional Accreditation.  The other three are Capilano, Simon Fraser, and Thompson Rivers University, all 3 are in the province of BC...

I think you missed some fees:

Course Administration and Other Fees
Course administration: OL: $96.97 per course
Technology: $6.41 per credit
Lab: Variable (see specific course)

So a 3cr course looks to be closer to $916/cr (converted rate). I think you could find cheaper ones in the US.

(04-18-2020, 12:42 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: The 30weeks time through me for a loop lol, but I'm curious enough to try one.

The 30 weeks is due to some of the courses being self-paced - so I'm sure that's the maximum length of time you have to complete the courses.  I looked at a course that was NOT self-paced, and it was 16 weeks long.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU's non-proctored courses rachel83az 66 13,800 02-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 322 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 419 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  The official guide to self-study RA courses from ASU, BYU, UIdaho, etc. rachel83az 50 32,175 11-10-2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: jch
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,537 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  New ASU ULC Courses: 1 in Physics (no lab), 2 in Organizational doom 30 4,104 03-07-2023, 09:19 AM
Last Post: doom
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,633 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Official guide to courses from Finnish universities rachel83az 1 2,170 10-31-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
Star Self-paced online courses from University of North Dakota (UND) Pikachu 13 3,075 09-07-2022, 04:02 PM
  (Not cheap) self-paced courses from MSU Denver rachel83az 2 792 09-07-2022, 03:56 PM