Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TikTok
Personally, I like TikTok.  I think there's a lot of entertaining and intelligent content.  Of course, there's junk too but I've found it relatively easy to filter it out.  I don't think that TikTok is tracking my physical location but apparently, they might be tracking yours.
TikTok Parent ByteDance Planned To Use TikTok To Monitor The Physical Location Of Specific American Citizens (forbes.com)
TikTok will certainly intend to track location and any other data it can sell. Monetizing user data is why it exists. TikTok isn't a product; the user is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes upgrayedd's post:
  • ss20ts
If you're concerned about TikTok, wait until you hear about every other social media app from mid 2000s to present day.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • ss20ts
(10-22-2022, 01:54 AM)jsd Wrote: If you're concerned about TikTok, wait until you hear about every other social media app from mid 2000s to present day.

Speaking of 2000s, I suggest you not watch 2000 Mules.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • jsd
(10-22-2022, 02:08 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(10-22-2022, 01:54 AM)jsd Wrote: If you're concerned about TikTok, wait until you hear about every other social media app from mid 2000s to present day.

Speaking of 2000s, I suggest you not watch 2000 Mules.

100% agree, considering how laughably debunked it is. But when you're a desperate felon like D’Souza, you don't have many other career options other than grifting.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
All apps gather data. You agree to this collection when you download anything. Just using anything with a microchip collects data. Your ISP collects data on you with every site you visit on the internet. There's more data than people on the planet.
Sometimes it's best for us computer tech people to stay quiet, so we don't expose your virgin ears to what is really going on.

Ignorance is bliss.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-22-2022, 04:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Sometimes it's best for us computer tech people to stay quiet, so we don't expose your virgin ears to what is really going on.

Ignorance is bliss.

Sometimes it's best to actually read the article, then you might know what's really being discussed.
(10-22-2022, 08:32 PM)Alpha Wrote:
(10-22-2022, 04:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Sometimes it's best for us computer tech people to stay quiet, so we don't expose your virgin ears to what is really going on.

Ignorance is bliss.

Sometimes it's best to actually read the article, then you might know what's really being discussed.

When you're in a Cold War, that's all you're going to hear.
TESU - BA CS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. Congress Passes a TikTok Ban Bill Which Sets Americans on Course for Civil War LevelUP 24 1,514 03-23-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Ares