Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timed Exams
I am not sure if this question was asked before, so will ask anyway Smile

Which of the providers (Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, Ed4Credit.com, Shmoop.com, Sophia.Org) have timed exams and which doesn't? Or does it vary course by course?
(04-30-2018, 11:51 AM)msganti Wrote: I am not sure if this question was asked before, so will ask anyway Smile

Which of the providers (Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, Ed4Credit.com, Shmoop.com, Sophia.Org) have timed exams and which doesn't? Or does it vary course by course?

Straighterline has timed quizzes and the final is timed (as well as proctored). I have not taken any courses from the other providers, so someone more knowledgeable than me will have to answer that Smile
Some offer open book exams, but they all have timed exams.

EDIT:  It was just announced (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-extended) that ALEKS has been renewed.  Untimed option for Math courses have returned - at rock bottom costs.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I have noticed that of all of the tests I've taken, none of them were an issue in terms of timing except ones where I had to write (English Comp II & Tech Writing TECEP's). For everything else, I had PLENTY of time to finish (some I didn't even take half of the time allotted). I admit I'm a fast reader, but I still think time is probably not the biggest issue people have - it's not what people complain about on this forum, and we take a LOT of tests here.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Big Grin 
(04-30-2018, 03:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I have noticed that of all of the tests I've taken, none of them were an issue in terms of timing except ones where I had to write (English Comp II & Tech Writing TECEP's).  For everything else, I had PLENTY of time to finish (some I didn't even take half of the time allotted).  I admit I'm a fast reader, but I still think time is probably not the biggest issue people have - it's not what people complain about on this forum, and we take a LOT of tests here.
Thanks dfrecore. I am coming back to take exams after a 30 year gap so little nervous  Big Grin
(04-30-2018, 04:08 PM)msganti Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 03:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I have noticed that of all of the tests I've taken, none of them were an issue in terms of timing except ones where I had to write (English Comp II & Tech Writing TECEP's).  For everything else, I had PLENTY of time to finish (some I didn't even take half of the time allotted).  I admit I'm a fast reader, but I still think time is probably not the biggest issue people have - it's not what people complain about on this forum, and we take a LOT of tests here.
Thanks dfrecore. I am coming back to take exams after a 30 year gap so little nervous  Big Grin

Well, if you need math credit, ALEKS has untimed math that you can do.  It's for a limited time, but worth giving it a shot if you're a visual learner.  They aren't the easiest way to learn math if you're not visual, but it's a good way to try out math for $20/mo.

I would start with Study.com if you want it a little easier.  I think they're the most user-friendly way to learn on this forum.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,121 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com final exams lidel 15 3,178 05-23-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Saylor Direct Credit Final Exams Kimberly526 2 1,422 04-18-2022, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Kimberly526
  Straighterline Exams Retake Policy? Pats20 2 1,811 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions for anyone who has taken ACTFL exams rachel83az 6 1,180 03-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
Information Avant Assessment: Language Proficiency Exams for ACE Credit MNomadic 4 953 02-02-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: irishboy83
  Can't purchase more exams per month at SDC? jamshid666 6 1,158 10-27-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
Exclamation Microsoft Retiring MTA exams jch 8 2,142 06-03-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: jch
  saylor proctored exams not available for wgu Hermanbrain 2 946 10-10-2020, 03:49 AM
Last Post: Hermanbrain
  Are Uexcel exams done online now? romoh 2 1,561 05-04-2020, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az