Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com final exams
Hello everyone.

I've just started my first courses on Study.com and have some questions about their final exams. I've been doing their practice exams and after doing the same ones a few times I have begun encountering the same questions over and over. They are a large base of questions but even so but they begin to repeat after three or four exams. 

Will the final exams draw on these as well or will it be new material? I'm mainly curious regarding questions that require long-hand equations and solutions. Do these exams involve spending a great deal of time having to work out solutions on scrap paper or will I be mainly picking the correct solution from the previously encountered bank of answers in the practice tests and quizzes?

As always, thanks for your help!

Shawn
I'm not sure about the math exams, but the questions are generally entirely new for the exams. There may be some overlap or rewording, though. For instance, the practice questions may ask you "which of these IS this thing" while the exam will ask you "which of these IS NOT this thing". If you don't read carefully, you can select the wrong answer by mistake.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-23-2021, 03:04 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I'm not sure about the math exams, but the questions are generally entirely new for the exams. There may be some overlap or rewording, though. For instance, the practice questions may ask you "which of these IS this thing" while the exam will ask you "which of these IS NOT this thing". If you don't read carefully, you can select the wrong answer by mistake.

All right. I'll make sure I have lots of scrap paper and be prepared for some old-school formulas! This is for Chemistry 111L by the way.

Thanks for the input!
(07-22-2021, 06:15 PM)lidel Wrote: Hello everyone.

I've just started my first courses on Study.com and have some questions about their final exams. I've been doing their practice exams and after doing the same ones a few times I have begun encountering the same questions over and over. They are a large base of questions but even so but they begin to repeat after three or four exams. 

Will the final exams draw on these as well or will it be new material? I'm mainly curious regarding questions that require long-hand equations and solutions. Do these exams involve spending a great deal of time having to work out solutions on scrap paper or will I be mainly picking the correct solution from the previously encountered bank of answers in the practice tests and quizzes?

As always, thanks for your help!

Shawn

The practice exam question pulls a question from the questions in each of the lessons.  It is the exact same wording.

The final exam uses different questions.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
The final exam uses different questions entirely. The quizzes and practice exams are there to reinforce what was taught in the lessons. If you have scored high on the quizzes, I would focus on the assignments if any and the proctored finals. Shoot for 95% or higher for the quizzes, the assignments and final must push you over 210 points out of 300 in order to get credit.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-23-2021, 04:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The final exam uses different questions entirely.  The quizzes and practice exams are there to reinforce what was taught in the lessons.  If you have scored high on the quizzes, I would focus on the assignments if any and the proctored finals.  Shoot for 95% or higher for the quizzes, the assignments and final must push you over 210 points out of 300 in order to get credit.

Sounds good. I was asking because for the Instantcert system I noticed quite a few of the same questions directly taken between the quizzes and the final and was wondering if this would be similar. Thanks!!
In my experience with the final exams I took on SDC, the questions were mostly different, but a few were either the same, or so close (slight wording change) that I immediately knew the answer. And the questions that were different were, for the most part, asking similar concepts/content to the questions I saw in the lesson and chapter tests.

Basically, you can't just memorize the questions from the chapter tests, but if you've done well on the chapter and lesson quizzes, you should do just fine on the final.
(07-25-2021, 04:21 AM)studyingfortests Wrote: In my experience with the final exams I took on SDC, the questions were mostly different, but a few were either the same, or so close (slight wording change) that I immediately knew the answer.  And the questions that were different were, for the most part, asking similar concepts/content to the questions I saw in the lesson and chapter tests.

Basically, you can't just memorize the questions from the chapter tests, but if you've done well on the chapter and lesson quizzes, you should do just fine on the final.

Thanks very much. I'm hoping that the pretest scores are a good predictor of the final exam score.
(07-26-2021, 10:45 PM)lidel Wrote: Thanks very much. I'm hoping that the pretest scores are a good predictor of the final exam score.

In my experience with the three or four exams I did, the pretest scores are a very good predictor.
(07-27-2021, 06:25 PM)studyingfortests Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 10:45 PM)lidel Wrote: Thanks very much. I'm hoping that the pretest scores are a good predictor of the final exam score.

In my experience with the three or four exams I did, the pretest scores are a very good predictor.

I just did my first final exam and it was almost bang on to the pretest score. That's a big relief.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lidel's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 462,881 7 hours ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 525 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 239 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 309 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 942 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,767 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 66 38,890 02-01-2024, 03:56 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 533 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 263 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 666 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM