Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timing of exams for TESU evaluation
I want to graduate from TESU in June, and I'm trying to work backwards and plan. I think I have a good plan of basically 1 exam per week through mid-Feb, but I have some questions.

Would it be ok to put off 2-3 TECEPs until the first half of Feb? I know the problem is if I failed the exam, but others say these are typical exams, so I'm sure I can manage.

Shouldn't it be ok to take CSU-Global CBEs in Jan? Not too late? I believe I read they can be slow on the transcript, but that gives a couple months since TESU is okay with waiting for transcripts that are on the way? However, I don't want to be biting my nails waiting and wondering.

It would be nice if I could finish all the ACE courses sooner, but I think I need until late Dec to finish them. I guess I should get an ACE transcript sent to TESU in Nov? I figure they can evaluate most courses, and when they get my final one in early Jan they only have 2-4 new ones, making it quicker?

I don't think I can finish all the CSU-Global CBEs and ACE in Dec due to my work and community college classes.

It all sounds fine, except you might want to take your TECEPs earlier so that if you flunk one you could still register for a retake in the Feb term. But if you're confident, then I wouldn't worry. It sounds like you're under the mistaken impression that all your credits have to be in before March. Credits can come in as late as May, so no reason to rush things in Dec. TESU courses and TECEPs can be started as late as the Feb term which ends in April.

http://www.tesu.edu/current-students/Gra...mation.cfm
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Ideas
I would create a spreadsheet of courses and exams, plus the schedule you would want to get it done by. Depends on good time management skills and a set strategy/time schedule to have each one completed. Try to stick with it, from reading above, you should be fine. Just apply for graduation before the deadline and complete TECEPS while you send in your final transcripts.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-01-2017, 08:31 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would create a spreadsheet of courses and exams, plus the schedule you would want to get it done by.  Depends on good time management skills and a set strategy/time schedule to have each one completed.  Try to stick with it, from reading above, you should be fine.  Just apply for graduation before the deadline and complete TECEPS while you send in your final transcripts.

Yeah, I have a list now, with 4 exams every month. It's much easier to understand than my spreadsheet before which didn't have the calendar months Smile I wasn't sure if I needed to move some exam types to an earlier month. 

Also, I am motivated to work faster than the plan, on weeks that I'm able. Then I might not have to do anything at the last minute in Feb, in case I need to retake. I need to find out if any have a retake delay over 30 days.

How long does a SL transcript take (to TESU)? Can I put off my SL exams until Feb if needed? Jan?

Well technically they should get it right away (it's sent electronically) but their evals always take forever. But, if you've applied for grad, they supposedly put you at the top of the queue for evaluation.
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gymfan15's post:
  • Ideas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Translation for the evaluation agency Throwmeaway1590 2 180 03-28-2024, 04:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Metropolia UAS ACEI Evaluation mariobros1985 18 1,611 01-17-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 603 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 439 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,106 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 381 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,845 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Finland ECTS - WES Evaluation possible bjcheung77 2 488 10-07-2023, 04:38 PM
  ACEI Evaluation Fee whitenight 7 517 09-14-2023, 09:51 AM
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,378 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az