Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titulos Propios
Master propios are fully legitimate and monitorized or in class. They can transfer everywhere in Europe because both expert degrees and master degrees carrying ECTS. For admissions one needs a bachelor’s degree and professional experience. Unaccredited degrees cannot be awarded with ECTS. In the United States it is more likely not to be recognized because as a result everyone will choose the most affordable option which is the most proper regarding education. The matter has to do with the American culture, monopoly, marketing of education. For Europeans , pursuing a master degree (propio) can land a job and as I forementioned, the ECTS credits are transferable to every European university . Officials are for most Europeans a nomenclature and that’s why most of the people pursuing propios . In fact propios are more difficult programs because they are technical .
It's also not entirely true. You can't just transfer ECTS to ANY degree at ANY European university. Just as in the US, a university doesn't have to accept ECTS if they don't feel that the credits apply to the degrees offered by the institution that you are trying to transfer the ECTS into.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-18-2021, 10:25 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It's also not entirely true. You can't just transfer ECTS to ANY degree at ANY European university. Just as in the US, a university doesn't have to accept ECTS if they don't feel that the credits apply to the degrees offered by the institution that you are trying to transfer the ECTS into.
It’s not the same thing. In Europe they have to recognize it because of the European law. If they deny it means they have been enrolled many students in the program. In the US it’s very different and they will most likely not accept every credit so that the prospective student will pay more tuition. Also I observe from most of the threads that most of the posters are underestimating propios and generally misleading with wrong information. In my opinion , propios are more suitable to European citizens and for a career in Europe, even though I have recognized mine as official
[-] The following 2 users Like Stebven1979's post:
  • DeanLewis, monchevy
(01-18-2021, 07:39 PM)Stebven1979 Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 10:25 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It's also not entirely true. You can't just transfer ECTS to ANY degree at ANY European university. Just as in the US, a university doesn't have to accept ECTS if they don't feel that the credits apply to the degrees offered by the institution that you are trying to transfer the ECTS into.
It’s not the same thing. In Europe they have to recognize it because of the European law. If they deny it means they have been enrolled many students in the program. In the US it’s very different and they will most likely not accept every credit so that the prospective student will pay more tuition. Also I observe from most of the threads that most of the posters are underestimating propios and generally misleading with wrong information. In my opinion , propios are more suitable to European citizens and for a career in Europe, even though I have recognized mine as official

Just going to put this here for people who want to read up on ECTS: https://ec.europa.eu/education/resources...20students.

What people often fail to understand is that people from many of these Propio programs, and even people from the unaccredited School of Business and Trade (SOBAT, https://sobat.org/programmes) have successfully transferred and had their degrees accepted for transfer to another university in the EHEA with no trouble at all.

I'm not sure that every uni accepts all ECTS, as I have no experience in this matter, but it seems more likely that they accept any relevant ECTS to the programme the student is enrolled in. Also, the acceptance of ECTS is more or less implied by the fact that countries in the EHEA don't need NARIC to evaluate degrees for relevance in most situations.

Quote:In my opinion , propios are more suitable to European citizens and for a career in Europe, even though I have recognized mine as official
Also probably countries where many people travel abroad for study (like Australia or New Zealand) OR have a unified qualification framework which can judge a degree based on the assigned level rather than some nonsensical "measuring contest" like the USA

Thanks for the input! I'd love to hear more about your opinions here, just because this has been so hotly debated. I'll have four Master's degrees soon enough, maybe five if I think the programme is useful. Worst case, I blew the cost of one graduate level class in the USA to get five pieces of paper that are a cool story, an even cooler experience, and will be accepted by at least some people.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 2 users Like Thorne's post:
  • DeanLewis, monchevy
(01-18-2021, 07:51 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 07:39 PM)Stebven1979 Wrote:

Just going to put this here for people who want to read up on ECTS: https://ec.europa.eu/education/resources...20students.

What people often fail to understand is that people from many of these Propio programs, and even people from the unaccredited School of Business and Trade (SOBAT, https://sobat.org/programmes) have successfully transferred and had their degrees accepted for transfer to another university in the EHEA with no trouble at all.

I'm not sure that every uni accepts all ECTS, as I have no experience in this matter, but it seems more likely that they accept any relevant ECTS to the programme the student is enrolled in. Also, the acceptance of ECTS is more or less implied by the fact that countries in the EHEA don't need NARIC to evaluate degrees for relevance in most situations.

Quote:In my opinion , propios are more suitable to European citizens and for a career in Europe, even though I have recognized mine as official
Also probably countries where many people travel abroad for study (like Australia or New Zealand) OR have a unified qualification framework which can judge a degree based on the assigned level rather than some nonsensical "measuring contest" like the USA

Thanks for the input! I'd love to hear more about your opinions here, just because this has been so hotly debated. I'll have four Master's degrees soon enough, maybe five if I think the programme is useful. Worst case, I blew the cost of one graduate level class in the USA to get five pieces of paper that are a cool story, an even cooler experience, and will be accepted by at least some people.
Hello Thorne! I like your story too. I believe people deliberately misleading because many people are taking advantage of the internet and studying with Europe, which is truly higher education. I just was honest that the opportunities with propios are more suitable in Europeans countries and that are regular degrees. Even expertos are considered degrees! If the program has at the end a thesis and the student has professional experience, then can recognize it as a official if translates all document into the desired language wants to work. Like I aforementioned, people from the US underestimate it because of the monopoly of American education. Simply you choose a propio because you don’t need to go further for a PhD
[-] The following 4 users Like Stebven1979's post:
  • asianphd, monchevy, rachel83az, Thorne