Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcripts
I graduated hs in 1988. I have 2 bachelor's degrees and have attended 6 colleges. I want to get a certificate at a local community college. I've submitted my transcripts with my first bachelor degree. I am in the process of sending them the other records. On their website, it states that students with degrees are not required to submit high school transcripts. Well, I happened to find 2 un-opened envelopes in my records, stamped "unofficial if opened." I'm pretty sure they are 29 years old. Confusedmilelol: I had my husband drop one off at the community college. They called me a few minutes later to tell me that the high school transcript was unofficial because it didn't have a graduation date listed. YHGTBFKM!!! I live in a county where there is like a 40% graduation rate. I am trying to get a medical coding certificate program class. And ^^^^ this?!!! (I was submitting the hs transcript because they insist they DO need this despite their website stating otherwise.)

Additionally, there's another school in my academic history that I attended for one class, and dropped that class. I had no grade obviously, and I complained to them for an unprofessional professor (I don't remember the issue) and got all my money back. When I submit for an electronic transcript, they have no record of me. The community college says if I'm going to get any financial aid, I need a letter from the college saying - I don't know what exactly. I guess it will say "Although this person claims to have attended our school and taken a class, we have no record. So please accept this non-transcript letter as verification that she did not go here." ?????????? banghead

Ok, I just had to vent. The red tape they put people through.
bellbaby Wrote:The red tape they put people through.

They sure do nonsensical things sometimes! I think I would switch colleges if they did that to me. But I know sometimes you don't have other nearby options Sad

Yeah. Well, I would. This is a thing my husband wants me to do and one extension of the college is right next to his job, (in the same building, really) and the other is a mile away from our home. I am looking at another school in the county/state college system of schools that has this course 100% online. And I really want to see what credits they will accept before I enroll in anything. It's just ridiculous. They made my husband track down someone to send a transcript from a school that doesn't exist that was closed for scamming people? He's 54 years old with a BS and MBA, and they needed something from "Computer Learning Center" AND his high school as well. I did go so far as to look to see if I could find ACE credit for the classes. I found a website but it was confusing and at 220$/class, it's only a small amount of money less than community college, so doesn't seem to be much of a point to doing it that way.
bellbaby Wrote:I did go so far as to look to see if I could find ACE credit for the classes. I found a website but it was confusing and at 220$/class, it's only a small amount of money less than community college, so doesn't seem to be much of a point to doing it that way.

Yeah, that is crazy of them for a closed school, or when someone has at least a Bachelor's already, etc.

Did you look at New Mexico Junior College? They are so cheap.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Most expensive transcripts? clep3705 8 679 09-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Getting Transcripts From College Wanting Money (maybe) xXAnonymousXx 12 2,096 12-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  PSA: Send transcripts early and check their receipt status promptly Ideas 2 1,040 08-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  How many transcripts do you have? eyrobinson 57 9,950 05-30-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  ACE is switching how they transfer your transcripts BrighterFuture88 7 2,742 12-23-2019, 11:24 AM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Transcripts and grades study.com kier7141 3 1,175 05-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Confused about ACE transcripts bethanyneedsajob 5 1,476 03-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Free Clep and DSSt tests & transcripts FishNDip 5 2,469 10-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about DSST transcripts bigfloppydonkeyears 0 1,310 01-20-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: bigfloppydonkeyears