Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfering to TESC with 60 credits- Financial Aid and Enrollment Question
Hi all! I'm new here and I look forward to contributing. This forum's presense makes me feel like half my battle is won! 2.5 years ago I enrolled at Western Gov. Unv. There I earned 60 credits toward my B.S in Human Res. Now, my plans have changed and I want to obtain a certification in neurofeedback that requires my degree be in Psych at minimum. I want to obtain my Psych B.A. from TESC and I have many questions...too many to post in 1 so I will try to make them specific. Thanks so very much in advance. I promise to pay it forward once I become well versed in this process myself as all of you have.

I need to do things as quickly and cheaply as possible. My husband was wounded in Iraq 2 years ago and now disabled...but not quite at 100% which disquals me for edu assistance. I HAVE to get my degree so I can earn more money.....same story as everyone I suppose.

I have approx. $24k in edu debt. Should I disenroll from WGU and start paying back the debt now? If I do this, I can stop accumulating debt and pay as I go and accumulate credits where/as quickly as possible.

OR transfer now...I saw they have a wounded warrior scholarship for military spouses and I also get 80%/up to $5300 annual reimbursement from my employer BUT I've pocketed this money in the past because we needed the money so badly and I'm uncertain of how much $$ the scholarship offers.

Will TESC look at my earned credits and tell me where I stand so I will know what I've satsfied so far toward my new degree requirements? I did see a TESC Psych Roadmap but I'm not sure if it's up to date and unsure how to see which courses Ive taken would apply toward my requirements. ANY feedback is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Competency Units Completed with WGU

2- Language and Communication: Essay
2- Language and Communication: Research
6- Fundamentals of Business Law and Ethics
3- Legal Issues for Business Organizations
3- Ethical Situations in Business
2- Language and Communication Presentation
4- Fundamentals of Organizational Behavior and Leadership
6- Fundamentals of Marketing and Business Communication
4- Principles of Management
4- Leadership Concepts and Applications
2-Business Research and Writing
3- Reasoning and Problem Solving
3-Quantitative Literacy: College Algebra, Measurement and Geometry
3-Quantitative Literacy: Statistics, Probability and Problem Solving
3-Quantitative Literacy: Quantitative Problem Solving and Applications
2- Education Without Boundaries
2- Foundations of College Mathematics
2- Communications Foundations
For a $75 application fee you can have your transcript/s evaluated by TESC and they will tell which credits they will take and where they will put them.
This thread
[h=1] Compilation of TESC Course Equivalencies[/h]
has the best info on what exams will fit where.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,465 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,110 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,276 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,692 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,845 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,666 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,741 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,991 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,993 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM