Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfering to a state university question(what's the best way to do it!)
Hey this is a whole new world of possibilities that I didn't know existed so needless to say I'm experiences some level of stress regarding how exactly to go about this.

My main concern is being able to get into grad school, so here are a few paths I've come up with:

If I get a gen ed AA from TESU, would I be able to use that to transfer into a public state university to get my BA/BS, and then get into grad school? This way seems more likely, my only concern is that I live in Florida which has the "2+2" program that says if you get an AA from a Florida college, you're guaranteed the right to be able to finish your bachelor's at a Florida public university. The only problem with this is that TESU is a New Jersey school.

if I stick with TESU for my bachelor's, I'd most likely go for the BA in Psychology. Has anyone who's done this been able to get into a non-online grad school?

I'm hoping that no matter what method I take, if I do really well on my GRE exams(which I'm pretty confident that I would) then grad school will be possible. Thanks for your help, this can be pretty stressful!!
What kind of grad school? I'm doing the TESU Psych and plan to do an online counseling program for grad school BUT I did go to all of my local counseling/therapy grad schools (brick and mortar schools, not online) and ask if they would take the TESU BA Psych and they all said yes ---it's accredited.
SOME of the programs had some little requirements....like very specific classes they wanted me to have taken in the last 5 years or something like that --but that would be the same no matter what school I had the BA from.

So, I suggest just calling the schools and asking. I was very very honest that I was getting a BA from a school where you can 'test out' of almost the entire thing AND that I would only have one class with GPA on my transcript. It seemed to all boil down to "is the school accredited?" AND then their other requirements (working in the field, volunteering, etc).

the chances of transferring a TESU AA and going in as a junior are incredibly slim.....I asked our local schools about that and every one of them said no....they transfer the credits and see how things fall -and most of the credits would not transfer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,656 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,435 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,708 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,638 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,732 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,978 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,986 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,806 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 2,019 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,959 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium