Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UExcel exam costs $220
I found UExcel exam's actual price is $220.
Excelsior will charge you $145 + $20 technology fee for their value package that comes with one free re-take.
Pearson VUE will charge additional $55 exam registration fee.

So, the actual price is going to be more expensive than Tel Learning's course price.
Maybe it's better to stick with Tel Learning.
It depends on what you want - TEL doesn't have any UL courses. They will also take longer than a full-blown course through TEL.

UExcel's have their place, just as TEL does - you don't have to choose one or the other.

Oh, and you can opt for JUST the UExcel exam, which is still just $110, you do have to pay the tech fee and exam registration fee. So it's $180. For most exams (some are different prices).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MNomadic
(03-13-2021, 11:39 AM)dfrecore Wrote: It depends on what you want - TEL doesn't have any UL courses.

Yeah, I'd stick with UExcel for UL and TEL for LL. That would make more sense.
> Excelsior will charge you $145 + $20 technology fee for their value package that comes with one free re-take.

so don't buy the value package
save $35
its not much, but your thread title is COMPLETEY wrong

for example
the abnormal psychology exam is $335 because its upper credit
https://www.excelsior.edu/exam/abnormal-psychology/

but calculus is $110
https://www.excelsior.edu/exam/calculus/

sure, you still have to pay the testing center, but that's like complaining that CLEP and DSST exams aren't the advertised price because you have to pay extra to the testing center
(03-13-2021, 01:36 PM)bluebooger Wrote: > Excelsior will charge you $145 + $20 technology fee for their value package that comes with one free re-take.

save $35                

for example            

but calculus is $110            

sure, you still have to pay the testing center, but that's like complaining that CLEP and DSST exams aren't the advertised price because you have to pay extra to the testing center
The Uexcel pricing isn't consistent with which are UL and LL; I took 3 UL ones for my BALS and they were all $110. I got the practice test/retake package on one of them, though. You have access to the study guide before you sign up, which includes 10-20 sample questions....I used those as a barometer for if I wanted the additional practice quizzes.
I also found if you copy/Google one of the sample questions, you can find some free study flashcards with more of the questions (I'd caution about relying on the answers entered, though because some were clearly wrong....just use for the questions)

I didn't mind the testing center fee, because it was actually really nice to know I'd be able to take the exam at a specific time....the CC and university testing centers where I lived at the time were a crapshoot of being bumped/unable to secure a set appointment as a non-enrolled student.
(03-14-2021, 03:53 PM)Sparklette Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 01:36 PM)bluebooger Wrote: > Excelsior will charge you $145 + $20 technology fee for their value package that comes with one free re-take.

save $35                

for example            

but calculus is $110            

The Uexcel pricing isn't consistent with which are UL and LL; I took 3 UL ones for my BALS and they were all $110. I got the practice test/retake package on one of them, though. You have access to the study guide before you sign up, which includes 10-20 sample questions....I used those as a barometer for if I wanted the additional practice quizzes.
I also found if you copy/Google one of the sample questions, you can find some free study flashcards with more of the questions (I'd caution about relying on the answers entered, though because some were clearly wrong....just use for the questions)

I didn't mind the testing center fee, because it was actually really nice to know I'd be able to take the exam at a specific time....the CC and university testing centers where I lived at the time were a crapshoot of being bumped/unable to secure a set appointment as a non-enrolled student.

I have no idea why their pricing is so high for some of their courses; they're almost all multiple choice, so it can't be because of graded essays (except English Comp).  It's not LL vs. UL, because some of the LL are expensive and the UL aren't.  Then some can be taken online via OnVUE, and some can't.  Who knows?

Speaking on OnVUE, why in the world are we paying PearsonVUE $55 for an exam, instead of them just doing it like other online schools.  TESU doesn't charge extra for online proctoring, it's built into the price of the TECEP exams.  Why hasn't EC made this switch??
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is AI Finally a Way to Reduce Higher Ed Costs? LevelUP 0 34 7 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 220 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,266 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 956 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 675 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Rising student housing costs... bjcheung77 0 383 08-04-2022, 12:39 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 914 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,181 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  The World's Hardest Exam Alpha 4 1,421 10-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,874 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666