Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL courses cheap/free/fast for TESU AOS BALS
Any recommendation that is cheap and doesn’t require ProctorU? Suffering from test anxiety too.

And aside from TEEX, any other free or easy courses to knock our 5 AOS Lower Level for BALS? 

Thanks
(04-07-2020, 05:29 PM)Leslie2828 Wrote: Any recommendation that is cheap and doesn’t require ProctorU? Suffering from test anxiety too.

And aside from TEEX, any other free or easy courses to knock our 5 AOS Lower Level for BALS? 

Thanks

Sophia is free:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ay-3-19-20
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Hello Leslie, long time no chat. Unfortunately, the only courses that are Upper Level all require proctoring. There is a whole slew of lower-level credits available from Sophia.org but none of them are Upper Level.

The current Corona situation isn't helping either and I recall there aren't any test centers near you anyways, so the only option is doing everything online with a company that doesn't use ProctorU, you can go for the ones that use RPNow instead as those don't have a physical person looking at you. So, skip StraighterLine and whoever else that uses ProctorU...

Your only options for RPNow are Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com and if you're missing some Lower Levels that aren't offered by Sophia.org, you can go for Onlinedegree.com (if you're in the USA, if not, skip them).

Update: Oh yeah Leslie, I remember you're not in the USA, so I didn't ask you last time, if you know a language or two that's not English, you can complete all your Upper Level with just two exams.  They just extended their ACE recommendation until 6/30/2020 and their online testing or over the phone. 

I know you're going to love this as it's not really proctored, you just use a PC or the phone and call the subject matter expert.  For example, if you know two Romance languages such as French, Spanish, you can get your entire AOS completed if you score an advanced/superior level.  Moreover, each exam is $105 for a max of 12 credits, or $210 for 24 credits!

Here's my last post about it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid305804
Read this post as well: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid303947
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • JWells247
Any recommendation that is cheap and doesn’t require ProctorU? Suffering from test anxiety too.

Thanks
(04-07-2020, 06:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hello Leslie, long time no chat.   Unfortunately, the only courses that are Upper Level all require proctoring.   There is a whole slew of lower-level credits available from Sophia.org but none of them are Upper Level.  

The current Corona situation isn't helping either and I recall there aren't any test centers near you anyways, so the only option is doing everything online with a company that doesn't use ProctorU, you can go for the ones that use RPNow instead as those don't have a physical person looking at you.  So, skip StraighterLine and whoever else that uses ProctorU...

Your only options for RPNow are Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com and if you're missing some Lower Levels that aren't offered by Sophia.org, you can go for Onlinedegree.com (if you're in the USA, if not, skip them).

Update: Oh yeah Leslie, I remember you're not in the USA, so I didn't ask you last time, if you know a language or two that's not English, you can complete all your Upper Level with just two exams.  They just extended their ACE recommendation until 6/30/2020 and their online testing or over the phone. 

I know you're going to love this as it's not really proctored, you just use a PC or the phone and call the subject matter expert.  For example, if you know two Romance languages such as French, Spanish, you can get your entire AOS completed if you score an advanced/superior level.  Moreover, each exam is $105 for a max of 12 credits, or $210 for 24 credits!

Here's my last post about it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid305804
Read this post as well: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid303947

WOW! This is super cool! Upper levels knocked out in two tests! I WISH I have known about this earlier!!! Definitely sharing with friends!
Sad 
Sorry to have to post again. Confused

My issue now is having a hard time getting TESU to give clear answers to the classes my sister needs to take for a BALS. 
(I’m all set with my questions above regarding UL requirements for mine)

My sis is taking all 

Sophia = Up to 70-75 credits? 23-25 classes might transfer to TESU
TEEX = 10 Credits
CSM = 3 Credits
ALEKS = 9 credits (College Algebra, Stats, Trig)
Insittutes = 1 or 2 credits for Ethics?

for UL

Death Investigation = 3 (UL)
ACTFL OPIc - Assuming she will get 6 UL (going towards humanities per TESU) = 6 (UL)
ACTFL WPT - Assuming she will get atleast 1 UL (it is a hard exam from what I heard so i'll be a little fair) = 1 (UL)

Can someone advise if this is enough for one of the Big 3 to accept freely?

The issue now is the UL on all 3 school she potentially will transfer them to. I get the TESU needs 15 UL (capstone being the final 3 to make it 18), but she only wants to get UL from either SL (discounted), Saylor (cheap), or Davar (discounted).

I get that SDC is the best way to go but she does not want to go to that route. 
Saylor or Davar is what she wants but she has yet to get a clear answer which UL will transfer to TESU and not overlap. Plus, it can’t be business UL due to it being BALS.

My other issue is cost for her with the TESU residency fee of 2800 and the cornerstone & capstone vs EC or COSC....

Seems EC and COSC could be a good option too so she can take any UL from DAVAR and Saylor? Any suggestions?

It’s either 30 UL with EC, but she’ll need 7 credits remaining to take at that school, not sure how much cost will be? Will that be cheaper than TESU residency? at COSC, it requires a lab science too... Just overwhelmed with all this info. Hard to decide.

I’m sorry but I’m helping my sis because I’m her caregiver (if anyone asks why she can’t ask these questions herself)

GOAL:

The goal is for my sis to earn her BA it all fast, cheap, and Hopefully- not draining hard due to her many commitments!!.. she just want to also be able to keep her job and needs a BA. So this more for her career. 

Seems faster to do it all at TESU, but then it is costly.......and the UL may be an issue unlike lenient EC and COSC with their mix UL of 30..But then I heard from someone the ACTFL is not sure how it will transfer as UL at EC & COSC....

I  tried researching here but all the info I know so far is base on people's comment around this site. 

Regarding my Situation, bjcheung77 was able to guide me with what I need, so I’m all good..... so far Blush

Thank you guys! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leslie2828's post:
  • CSMlearn
The cost at TESU and EC is going to be similar (within like $200), but TESU is easier to do (less UL required).

The cost at COSC is cheaper, but more UL.

For COSC and EC, you have to plan out your concentrations/depths more, with TESU it's easier to do.

COSC and EC have BSLS/BSLA degrees, which means that 60cr can be non-liberal-arts courses, making it easier to bring in those cheap business courses or other things that aren't liberal arts (police, firefighter, etc.).

It really depends on the overall budget and what credits she has as to which I'd choose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COSC costs for application fee, cornerstone, capstone, student services fee (2 terms), technology fee (2 terms), and graduation fee w/10% discount through SL or Study.com - $3,181

TESU costs for application fee, cornerstone, capstone, residency waiver, and graduation fee w/study.com affiliate discount $5,422

EC costs for Enrollment fee, Info Lit course, Cornerstone, Capstone, Technology fees, and graduation fee w/SL or Study.com partnership which removes Application fee $5,430
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43
(04-28-2020, 06:37 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The cost at TESU and EC is going to be similar (within like $200), but TESU is easier to do (less UL required).

The cost at COSC is cheaper, but more UL.

For COSC and EC, you have to plan out your concentrations/depths more, with TESU it's easier to do.

COSC and EC have BSLS/BSLA degrees, which means that 60cr can be non-liberal-arts courses, making it easier to bring in those cheap business courses or other things that aren't liberal arts (police, firefighter, etc.).

It really depends on the overall budget and what credits she has as to which I'd choose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COSC costs for application fee, cornerstone, capstone, student services fee (2 terms), technology fee (2 terms), and graduation fee w/10% discount through SL or Study.com - $3,181

TESU costs for application fee, cornerstone, capstone, residency waiver, and graduation fee w/study.com affiliate discount $5,422

EC costs for Enrollment fee, Info Lit course, Cornerstone, Capstone, Technology fees, and graduation fee w/SL or Study.com partnership which removes Application fee $5,430

Thanks for this wonderful insight. I appreciate it. Smile

1. So if she gears toward 30 UL from Saylor & Davar (mostly business are UL) then her depth has to be in Business? I do not know anymore UL apart from SDC and from what I heard SL UL is just Cost Accounting and Biology with Lab. 

2. Is the SDC discount only avail if you take most the classes there, or even if you only take one class?

3. You did mention to me before ACTFL Language Exams are unsure how they are accepted at EC and COSC, i wonder if they do, will that feel the DEPTH requirements plus a few more UL courses? 

This could be so frustrating, but I appreciate all your knowledgeable advice.
This might help: https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/
(04-28-2020, 07:22 PM)natshar Wrote: This might help: https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

Thanks.
I only see 2 UL and both says underneath (lower level credit)

Business Ethics and Individual Values - PHL 485Notes: Lower Level Credit
Business Ethics - BUS106

Organizational Behavior - MGT 315[i]Notes: Lower Level Credit
Organizational Behavior - BUS120
[/i]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,575 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 275 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 399 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 545 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,803 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer