Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BABA Supply Chain Management planning/Advice help.
(05-23-2023, 11:39 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 10:57 AM)psychcs Wrote:  Would having the Associate mean I only have to deal with the BABA and Supply Chain concentration requirement without having to worry about the GEC and Free Electives (would they be covered by the Pierpont degree?).

No. The AAS has nothing to do with the degree requirements at UMPI. You will need to complete the GEC, electives, and the major and Concentration requirements. You won't be waived from any degree requirements.

Is this a good plan? 
1) So I would send my university credits and google IT support certificate to Pierpont to get the AAS with an area of emphasis in Information Systems.
2) I would then simultaneously apply to UMPI get my eval, defer enrollment and take the missing classes at Sophia.
3) Transfer Sophia classes and enroll into UMPI BABA with supply chain concentration.
4) Get associates while working on bachelors  

I am interested in doing this because I think having supply chain and information system in the education section of my resume would greatly help in terms of getting my foot in the door for an eventual career in supply chain/inventory analytics.

BTW since I am new to all this, since the BABA will not list the supply chain concentration on the diploma nor the AAS list information systems how will I show it on my resume since the jobs I am targeting will be in that field?
1) Yes. You already have 70+ credits, so you should be able to get the Pierpont degree essentially immediately. If you want the Information Systems AoE, you might need one or two Sophia classes. But that's up to Nancy Parks and there are a couple of Sophia IT-related classes that can be completed in 1-2 days.
2) Yes. You shouldn't have to defer enrollment by more than a single session, but it will allow you to fill out the missing part of your GEC.
3) Exactly.
4) You'll probably get the AAS as you start UMPI.

While the BABA and AAS won't list their concentrations, etc. on the diplomas themselves, the transcripts will. So you can list whatever it says on the transcript.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-23-2023, 12:36 PM)psychcs Wrote: BTW since I am new to all this, since the BABA will not list the supply chain concentration on the diploma nor the AAS list information systems how will I show it on my resume since the jobs I am targeting will be in that field?

Major or AOS/concentrations show on the transcripts should you ever need to supply those to an employer (but honestly this is rare). It is very common that the degree diploma itself does not show the major regardless of the school.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • rachel83az
@psychcs, Yes, that's a good plan, I would stick with it for now. In regards to the resume, list it as it shows on the transcript. Usually it's just the long form of UMPI BABA SCM - without the date/year of completion. You can do that for the AAS if you want, I wouldn't list too many if you extra awards, certs, diplomas, etc, keep the data to a minimum, the more data the more cluttered the resume will look...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbiw Advice - Direction - Reality Check OchoNombres 1 107 04-26-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 119 04-24-2024, 11:43 AM
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 175 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 112 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,638 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 141 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 235 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  New Member with a UMPI Question colonelcamp 13 491 04-19-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 650 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,259 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM